MX Boots on the FZ6...

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

To cut a long story short... Thinking of buying a Motocross bike and have just ordered a pair of MX boots (Alpinestars Tech 7's) as I'm starting to get some kit together.

My question being - I've heard that MX boots are too restrictive for street riding in general, but I was hoping that these boots would do the job both on the street and on the dirt??? My other boots are cheap rubbish, so I don't really fancy shellin' out on yet another pair...

Opinions please! And yeah... I should've tried 'em on before buying them over the net but they were on special offer :rockon:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
i use some fox comp 5s but they are only half size (shortie) offroad boots, i love them for the road i can walk around all day in them they feel like skate shoes. im actully buying a pair of full size offroad boots because shorties arnt MA approved for racing and using the comp 5s for road all the time

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a pair of the Alpinestars S-MX Plus and I don't feel too comfortable when walking around in them. Good for when you're on the bike...but for me, that's all its good for.

Personally I would recommend get another pair, from the touring series for daily use. It'll be more comfy and easier to walk around. And you don't look too stand-out when you're in the mall.

On the sidenote...the Tech 7s is enormous!!! :p You'll see when you get it hehehehe :D

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think those are my Dirt Bike Boots also. I love them. Very comfortable. As far as street riding it's hard to tell. I just bought the Alpinestar Scout Boot for street and they are similar to dirt bike boots with 3 adjustable buckels. Very comfortable but I'm not used to them yet. I probably will have to adjust my shift lever a bit to make it easier to shift. As all I can say is give it a try. :cheer: One thing I can say is don't scrimp on your feet. They are very important and if you crash broken ankles are common without proper foor gear.

Last edited:

aaronshum

Reaction score
Visit site
I considered full boots when I was shopping for a pair earlier this season, but ended up with this:
Wear shorts on your bike! - | Motorcycle Boots | Motorcycle Clothing Reviews | MCN

When I tried on various types, I find the full boots to be very restrictive for movement, and hard to wear under street pants (jeans, khakis).

I wouldn't walk very far with these half boots, soles are still hard and rigid, but if I'm sitting the whole day I often find I just leave them on when I'm in the office.

Lowsided once this summer, the boot saved my toes and ankle from being crushed by the bike. :)

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to do a lot of MX and still have my gear after having sold my bike. I've got Alpinestars Tech 8's. Whilst they are great for protection, it comes at the cost of flexibility. Don't even bother trying to walk any further than 25 metres in them! You look like a robot with a pole shoved up somewhere...

So whilst they'd undoubtedly save your ankles, you won't be able to move much. But you'll be finding this out very soon as you've already bought them!

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the reply's! Looks like I'll be on the lookout for another pair for the road... I'll write a nice letter to Santa I think :thumbup: