MX boots on Motorcycle?!?

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I hope you can help me out as I am looking for people using motocross boots on their FZ6. I already have the Alpinestar S-MX 2, a very comfy and proper motorcycle riding boot but as I plan on doing some AVT (new yam wolverine in my garage :)) and some motocross at the cottage, I am looking for some boots that goes with the sport. Basically I am looking for a molded sole boot like the FLY KINETIC or FOX COMP boot.

So I guess, my questions are:

1- Are you using MX boots on your FZ6?
2- If yes, what are your recommendations for comfort, flexibility, etc, if I want to use that boot on my motorcycle as well?

Thank you.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried using a pair of MSR brand MX/ ATV style boots last year for riding my FZ6.

For starters, the boots were the most uncomfortable things I've ever worn. They were WAY too tall and the soles were not very flexible. The toes were too thick and I had a hard time upshifting because I could not get my toe between the shifter and the footpeg.

I accidentally locked up the rear brake on at least 2 occasions and nearly dumped the bike once because I could not feel the brake. The soles were so hard, you would keep pressing the rear brake without feeling any movement and eventually lock the brake.

I sold the boots to an ATV riding buddy last year and I couldn't be happier. I'm back to wearing a heavy pair of Danner leather work boots, and now I can actually feel the brake and operate the shifter properly.

If you're going to use an MX/ ATV style boot, I'd strongly suggest to go with a model that isn't too tall. Also, pay attention to the flexability of the sole and the thickness at the toe.

Last edited:

wolfrace999

Reaction score
Visit site
i use a pair of mx boots for winter riding as there more water proof and warmer

you may need to adjust your gear change to be able to use them good because of the thickness

bot really any problems other wise

mine are AXO .. something don't know the model

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear a crosser lid on mine and tried my Berik MX boots once.No where near enough flex and I like to move my feet around on the pegs.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if the boot I use is really qualified as a Motorcross boot or not. It's the Thor 50/50, it's not as tall as a traditional Motorcross boot. I like it because it is over the ankle and has support. I can still feel the controls, maybe not as well as my combat boots, but I like them.

I found them on thormx.com

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if the boot I use is really qualified as a Motorcross boot or not. It's the Thor 50/50, it's not as tall as a traditional Motorcross boot. I like it because it is over the ankle and has support. I can still feel the controls, maybe not as well as my combat boots, but I like them.

I found them on thormx.com

I have seen those but never tried them... those look interesting nonetheless.