Multi-function display

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
Hello,

yes, that with the trip I know.

So you say the main milage is stored in the gauge? Which means when you upgrade the gauge you get a new milage from the new (used) upgrade gauge?

BR
Robert

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Basically 04-06 speedo harness have two plugs which connect at the back of the speedo whereas 07+ have a single plug. You also need to get the single plug speedo harness that connects to the main ECU harness.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK...was just researching putting an 07+ speedo on my street 06 FZ6N, and i stumbled across this thread...

Reason, when i had my accident just before Christmas, my 06 speedo mount bracket on the FZ6N, and the speedo unit itself, got a bit banged up, and the mount is cracked...not badly, but enough to be a worry...

But you see, i have a replacement speedo, but it's an 07+ speedo...it's on my track bike...

So my question is...., and is my thinking correct, that i could swap the 06 speedo to my 07FZ6, and put my 07 speedo, on my 06FZ6, by simpling swapping the speedo harness's, and speedo mounts straight over???

It is that simple isnt it?

:thumbup:

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope no one minds me raising the thread from the dead!

So I attempted this on my 05 FZ6 tonight, unfortunately I was unable to onbtain a wire harness from a 07 FZ6 so I had connect the wiress myself. The MFD is from 2007 FZ6. When I turne on the bike there was no backlight on the MFD, however everything else seemed to be working. I started the bike and the tacho came to life YEAY, but 5 seconds later the bike cut out and the MFD went blank! I disconnected the MFD however I couldn't start the bike. I think I'm after blowing a fuse. Will check it out in the morning when there is light.

Has anyone with a 2005 FZ6 tried this mod and did they run in to a similar problem?

EDIT: The ignotion fuse was gone, replacing it resolved the issue. However, I just realised that it is not retaining the Trip meter or the time, still no backlight! Sooo close!

EDIT2: Got the backligh working as well I had to connect Red wire with White tracer coming from the harness to both Red wire with white tracert and Red Wire with Yellow tracert. So the only issue retaining of the Trip Meter and time when the bike is switched off.

Last edited:

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know which one of the wires on a 2007 instrument cluster is suppose to have constant current going through it, even when the bike is switches off, in order to retain the time and trip meter information?

Its the last issue outstanding on my mod so any help would be much appriciated! I am going to have another look at the wiring diagram Im pretty sure its the wire for the imobiliser LED, if I can figure out which one of the wire's is for that.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know which one of the wires on a 2007 instrument cluster is suppose to have constant current going through it, even when the bike is switches off, in order to retain the time and trip meter information?

Its the last issue outstanding on my mod so any help would be much appriciated! I am going to have another look at the wiring diagram Im pretty sure its the wire for the imobiliser LED, if I can figure out which one of the wire's is for that.

I don't have a schematic for the Immobilizer tie in but the wire providing constant current to the cluster should be a red with a green tracer. B+ all the time. This is a circuit that has a 5 amp fuse. Chech the 5 amp fuse? :)

Sent from my XT907

Last edited:

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have a schematic for the Immobilizer tie in but the wire providing constant current to the cluster should be a red with a green tracer. B+ all the time. This is a circuit that has a 5 amp fuse. Chech the 5 amp fuse? :)

Sent from my XT907

Correct me if I am wrong but the only fuse's I am aware of are on the main fuse block and they vary from 10A to 20A I have never seen a 5 A fuse, is it located somewhere else?

Also the issue I have is not identifying the wire that has the constant B+ but identifying the pin that requires it on a 2007 instrument cluster as the bike is a 2005 model. Regardless, thanks for the reply and I will have another go at decyphering the wiring diagrams!

EDIT: Just looked at the wiring fiagram and the fuse that goes to the imobiliser is a 10AM fuse labelled as Backup on the main fuse block which I already checked and is ok. I think I might have to swap around the red green and red white.

Also I was out on a long spin today with a bunch of friends and I noticed that the time and trip meter never lost its record, however, the imobiliser light is not flashing anymore when the bike is off, will review my wiring tomorrow.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but the only fuse's I am aware of are on the main fuse block and they vary from 10A to 20A I have never seen a 5 A fuse, is it located somewhere else?

Also the issue I have is not identifying the wire that has the constant B+ but identifying the pin that requires it on a 2007 instrument cluster as the bike is a 2005 model. Regardless, thanks for the reply and I will have another go at decyphering the wiring diagrams!

EDIT: Just looked at the wiring fiagram and the fuse that goes to the imobiliser is a 10AM fuse labelled as Backup on the main fuse block which I already checked and is ok. I think I might have to swap around the red green and red white.

Also I was out on a long spin today with a bunch of friends and I noticed that the time and trip meter never lost its record, however, the imobiliser light is not flashing anymore when the bike is off, will review my wiring tomorrow.

Sorry mate.
I meant 10 Amp fuse. It's #4 on this schematic (PDF) It should be a red with green tracer wire to the instrument cluster. This fuse is called the back up fuse. That's the constant B+ to the cluster.

See attached

Also the red with white tracer is going to be a switched circuit that is active with the ignition switch so I would leave that. Do you have a 12 VDC test light? It makes it really easy to see what's active and when.

Do you have a 12VDC test light? It makes it really fast to see what's active and when.

Last edited:

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry mate.
I meant 10 Amp fuse. It's #4 on this schematic (PDF) It should be a red with green tracer wire to the instrument cluster. This fuse is called the back up fuse. That's the constant B+ to the cluster.

See attached

Also the red with white tracer is going to be a switched circuit that is active with the ignition switch so I would leave that. Do you have a 12 VDC test light? It makes it really easy to see what's active and when.

Do you have a 12VDC test light? It makes it really fast to see what's active and when.

I dont have a test light however, I do have a multimeter that a friend "borrowed", must get it back.

Those wiring diagrams are much better than the ones I have many thanks. Would you be able to send me the full pdfs as it would very helpfull?