Motorcycle Maintenance!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only thing I do routinely that I don't see mentioned yet is to check the tightness of the bolts.

After I wash my bike, I walk around it with an allen wrench set and check that all of the bolts are tight. Some folks have had fender eliminator, gas tank, and other bolts loosen over time due to vibration.

impheatus81

Reaction score
Visit site
For my FZ, and really an vehicle, I follow the mfg's service schedule to a Tee. I don't change oil early, on schedule, and I don't skip adjustments > throttle body sync, valve adjustments, etc. I use the factory service manual. Its surprisingly well written and clear!

For dailies I check TP, and lube the chain regularly. I don't adjust if very often. That and keep her clean. Cleaning allows/affords you the time to looks at everything closely and identify problems before they become real headaches. That and I like a squeaky clean bike. :thumbup:

where do you obtain the factory service manual????

please pm me

thank you

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Only thing I do routinely that I don't see mentioned yet is to check the tightness of the bolts.

After I wash my bike, I walk around it with an allen wrench set and check that all of the bolts are tight. Some folks have had fender eliminator, gas tank, and other bolts loosen over time due to vibration.

I had an engine mounting bolt come loose!