Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Never Been in an Accident

Votes: 42 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. While we all know that motorcycles can be dangerous, and it's the risk we all take as riders, I was curious to know how many of you guys have been involved in an accident of some type on the street, not including the track.

Single Vehicle Accident
Accident Involving Another Motor Vehicle
Single and Another Vehicle Accidents
Never Been in an Accident

Also, just wanted to share with you guys this video involving a bike getting rear ended at a stop sign. Looks like he got lucky in terms of his health, not so much the bike, however.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiO1cVLmAT4]YouTube - biker lands on feet after crash.flv[/ame]

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely not my intention. I was just curious as to the numbers. I would never wish a crash upon anyone, and for those that have never been in a crash, hopefully it stays that way. There are many controllable and uncontrollable factors that contribute to an accident, and this just serves as a reminder that accidents can happen to anyone, even when not your fault. And it never hurts to always wear your gear!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had another thread "Have You Ever Had An Off".

The number of people that said "NO" then reposted saying "I've just had one - the thread jinxed me"....

:)

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care what other people say about bike having loud pipes, they save lives.. crashed my 1991 Yamaha Fzx 750 because the bike was too quiet.. had it for 4 days!!! :(
Ride safe and have fun doing it..

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not going to answer as I believe my total mileage ridden on a motorcycle is still under 40, possibly 30...hahaha. That will change soon though.

As for that clip...I think we all know the type of woman that was... Kind, well intentioned, and remorseful after the fact...but absent-minded, oblivious, and not really fit to be on the road...but then again, who's to tell her not to be?

*disclaimer: Yes I just made about 1000 judgments on a woman I've never met. No it probably was not right.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
My incident happened during a group ride. A lot of back country roads that I was unfamiliar with and those in the group were much more experienced than myself. I did the typical, I am not going to make this corner, and you know the rest. I learned a valuable lesson that day.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Where did u get that vid? It just happened to a local rider near my house. I was going to post it in this thread and then to my surprise you had already done so.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Single vehicle accident's....3! One when i was young, and it was my fault, overtaing on the inside!!!:spank: another when i was touring Europe...slipped on Diesel, and finally one on my Ducati, when the throttle stuck....highside, broken Collarbone!

Multiple, been taken out by a car twice...both times, not my fault! both times, banged up reasonably badly....

1 with a Pedestrian and bike...drunk pedestrian...say no more!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wasn't there a whole thread about that drunk pedestrian, and what happened that time? :popcorn:

I freaking drilled the stupid pri**! He got up,and tried to tell me that i aimed for him....not a good idea when i had just "finished" building my $25000 FZ6 that day....he then went for me, so i knocked him out!

Cops turned up, sent me home, took him to the hospital, nothing has happened since, except i fixed my bike better than it was before the crash!

By the way, he walked straight out in front of me, when i was less than 20 metres away, when there was 2 sets of pedestrian lights not more than 30 metres away, each way!!!

He had a Blood alcohol reading of .26....5 times the legal limit!

:D

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a sigle veh acco more than 20yrs ago,was on an xt600(dual purpose tyres)Tipped it in way to quickly & the tyres never had a chance...I low sided & lost a bit of bark,nothin to serious.:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1 lowside on a patch of oil changing direction to exit a round-a-bout , swollen elbow (gear did its job) & damaged pride from breaking my 3 week old FZ6 :eek: :(

God it hurts your pride when the speedo reads 1687k's & its off to the shop for a rebuild...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had another thread "Have You Ever Had An Off".

The number of people that said "NO" then reposted saying "I've just had one - the thread jinxed me"....

:)

An old bloke I used to ride with in Sydney always said there is on 2 types of motorcycle rider , those who have crashed & those who havent crashed YET!!!!!! :thumbup: