Votes: 42 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One accident happened when a drain in the road collapsed under me.

I cant help but get an image in my head of the bike disappearing down a manhole cover & you left suspended in mid air still in the riding position , looking down & around just like Wile E Coyote used to do in the Roadrunner cartoons....... Just before you plumet down the hole & a puff of dust rises :rof: :rof: :rof:

Sorry Neil , it was probably a nasty incident but it does sound very Roadrunnerish :D

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it all - from the casual drop at the gas station, to the mild crash due to tire lock while coming to a stop in the rain (in my defense that was a couple of weeks after I started riding :BLAA:), to being over my head on the street and hitting a guardrail while going wide on a downhill hairpin corner, to 60-70mph crashes on the track to being rear-ended by an SUV :) Fun times :BLAA:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Buckle up....here we go.... (nah, there's not that many:BLAA:...lol.)

First bike, night time, in the back streets, fogged up visor, going to a mates place, before getting smashed on scotch and heading out to a club, so I was wearing my dress boots, jeans, a 't' shirt, and a dress shirt, and a helmet. Came up to a left hander (RH side of the road users think Right Hander) braked, tipped in, and then recognised that the there was an inch deep of gravel strewn across the road from where someone I'd seen earlier that day was emptying their trailer. Lost the front and lowsided. I just rolled to my feet running, and jogged to a stop, in time to watch my little 250 endo-ing down the street. Cracked a windscreen, and scuffed the ends of my indicators:D. Total damage unless you count my pride, and my dirty white going out shirt:(.

View attachment 33518

First bike, night, I was riding to the same mate's place, and happened to look down at my speedo on a long straight bit of road. When I looked up I saw 4 headlights side by side (see video below). I made use of that tiny strip of road between the white line and the dirt (3 inches max) and was ready to bail onto the dirt and crash if I had to (100km/h zone). The guy coming the otherway, locked his brakes after reefing on the wheel and was sliding sideways by this time. I actually felt the car brush my sleeve (so it counts as a crash right?:BLAA:). He then managed to flip it onto the dirt, and roll a few times. Damage...I had to throw away those under durps as they were totally unsalvagable:eek:.

FZ6, driveway drop. Didn't have a race stand and nekkids don't come with centre stands, so I was squatting down and wheeling the bike while lubing the chain. Stood in some of my brother's trans fluid, and when c***-up. Bike falling in slow motion, me squealing, "No" like a 6 year old girl...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIrg-bAU-w]YouTube - Chris Tucker Scream[/ame]

Yup that one again.

I scrambled underneath the bike as it fell on my head and shoulders....only damage.....sore head, and .......you guessed it, wounded pride...lol.

FZ6, just relaxing after 7 hard laps of Lobie Road, and turned off to go home. Came up to an easy 55km/h RH bend and as I looked through the turn to see if there was going to be any obstacles, I saw this turbo toy, drifter effwit, coming into the turn with no possible chance of holding it in his lane. This was at the tip in point that I discovered it, so I had no choice but to turn left, and try to keep my bike just off the shoulder. The car missed my rear indicator by an inch or so, and had forced me into a position from which I had no hope of making the turn, and would more than likely end up tangled in a barbed wire fence, so I layed it down with the bike between me and the fence. I was fine, and my gear I still wear now, as I wasn't going very fast. My bike was pretty messy. Tank, pickup rotor cover, Oggie, rearset, lever, mirror etc.

FZ6, misjudged a decreasing radius turn on a road I didn't know, and got too close to the centre line, at just the perfect time for a 4WD coming the other way with equal amounts of road either side of it, and me unable to lean it any further, as it was all scraping the deck anyhow. Braked a little and rolled off, and tucked my leg under the back of the seat (no pillion pegs), and gritted my teeth. Smashed into the front of his back wheel, and sheered of the right hand side of my bike, and managed to also smash my foot into his wheel too. Then as the bike was forced upright and my bar end hit the tray on the back, I lifted my fingers up vertically so they wouldn't get chopped off and pushed the bar forward to keep from crashing, and then spat out the back facing the side of the road...BYE BYE FZ6:(. Broke a boot too. Didn't come off though. Takes more than a head-on with a 4WD to knock me off my bike:eek::spank::ban:.

Anyhow, I've learned some stuff, and I have managed to keep ticking over but it is a bit scarey that nearly all of my incidents are head-on:eek:..WTF?

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not answering this poll - it's a bad omen.......

:scared:

Same here!

Now having said that, I've been hit 3 times on the 405 Freeway, near where the Garden Grove 22 merges. 2 times I saw the car changing into my lane and I was able to lean away, but it was still a glancing blow. The 3rd time I saw a woman change over from the far right lane to the lane next to me and she stayed there for a bit. I was in the far left lane. I "assumed" she saw me as i was just ahead of her front drivers side bumper and I returned my focus to the traffic in front of me. Bad on my part, she came over hard and clipped my right foot. I did not go down, but I thought for sure my ankle was shattered. Thank goodness for some foot protection!

On all 3 occasions the driver of the car DID NOT STOP! What a bunch of a$$holes. I hope none of us have to ever experience that BS. Ride safe.