MotoGP Sepang 2015 - Rossi vs Marquez

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
I'm assuming most of you have now already heard about or seen the clash between Rossi and Marquez at Sepang.
I'm a Team Yamaha fan, a Lorenzo fan in particular, but I do like and admire Rossi but if it's what it looks like, then Rossi has gone down in my opinion a lot. I'm no Marquez fan but he nor anyone else deserves to be kicked off the bike or purposely rode into (certainly looks like a kick to me). Rossi deserves to be punished.
What do you think?

[video=youtube;UXJ9Z1a3YcM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJ9Z1a3YcM[/video]

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This shot from the side was not very clear but the shot from above was, it was also clearer how Rossi first forced Marquez to the edge of the track before he purposely kicked him off the track/bike, Rossi has really gone down in my opinion :(

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
While I agree it was a cheap move by Rossi it was apparent to me that Marquez was purposefully trying to slow down Rossi. Marquez was having braking issues from the start of the race and before the crash you could see Rossi waving to Marquez telling him that he was faster and to get in line so they would not lose Pedrosa or Lorenzo. Also at the time of the crash Rossi had the inside line and Marquez could've slowed down but he didn't. What he did do was tip his bike into Rossi just as much as the other way around. Also without reading too much into it I saw Marquez let Lorenzo pass without much fight at all and then race the crap out of Rossi. Bottom line is the way they were racing somebody was going to crash eventually and while Rossi wasn't totally innocent neither was Marquez.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
IMHO I don't think he kicked Marquez and the race director didn't think so either. Rossi said he did push Marquez to the outside of the curve just to slow him down a bit so he could get a little ahead and after Marquez was trying to slow him down I don't blame him. You have to remember that Marquez is a Spaniard and so is Lorenzo so who do you think Marquez is rooting for, well he got his wish and Rossi has to start last at the finial race. Should be interesting.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't look to me like MM was trying to slow down VR at all, they where both going hard.
VR forced MM wide,slowed down , looked at him TWICE ,kicked and took off.
Was very quiet at the end of the race too and JL walked off the podium.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
MM absolutely let Lorenzo through earlier in the race. This race, he was absolutely gunning for VR, whether or not he was at Phillip Island, I'm not sure. I've seen MM play dirty before, aiming for VR, and he was absolutely doing here. He should've kept his nose out of the title challenge and just ridden for himself once he'd lost it.

That being said, a seasoned pro like VR reacting like that, it's not on. He should know better.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
That petition is basically excusing Rossi and implying he's done no wrong whilst pointing the finger at everyone else.

Whether Marquez is intentionally battling Rossi so Lorenzo can win the championship, I wouldn't like to say, but what happened at that moment of the crash looked to be in Rossi's control and the way it played out was inexcusable imo.

If it was Marquez vs Lorenzo for the championship and Rossi was the one doing the battling against Marquez and Marquez allegedly kicked out at Rossi causing him to crash, we'd never hear the last of it! There'd be a witchhunt and they'd be burning Marquez at the stake.

Rossi is an amazing rider but he shouldn't get sucked into the mindgames and just ride a good clean race instead of resorting to those tactics seen yesterday..

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I had hoped this lost title would teach MM some humility, put him in a good mindset to knuckle down and really apply his talent next year with forethought and maturity. Both his titles have been won on the confidence of youth and taking advantage of the time it took "The Aliens" to learn his style. Well they've got the measure of him now and I don't think he'll win another title until he learns the lessons that have kept the "Old Guard" (Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa) in the running so long.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MM leans on to Rossi, helmet pushes knee, Rossi pushes with knee while opening the throttle.

IMO : *Not Planned*. He could never plan or think of kicking MM down in a race coz first he will have to catch him. And he couldn't as MM is very quick. The only way MM could find himself in the situation was if *HE* put himself there.

Finally, the video - slowdown, lean , Push on helmet from Knee, and dirt :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DiV26-jqs&feature=youtu.be&t=5

BTW the whole thing sucks. No matter who is right or wrong, it should have never happened. Too bad for the sport.

Note : Team Rossi!!:rockon:

Secretly hoping for Rains in Valencia to act as an equalizer!!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I think Rossi messed up, but Marquez didn't have to crash. Crashing out was MM93's own damn fault. Rossi basically gave him three options, 1.) run off into the weeds, 2.) slow down and fall back a bit, or 3.) crash. Marquez ego picked #3.

Not saying what Rossi did was correct, but clearly Marquez had other options beside crashing into Rossi.

64pfkw.png

I mean, look at the size of that run off area.

If someone as skilled as Marquez couldn't make use of the huge paved run off just to his left that really just shows that he was being stubborn.

Anyway you look at it all parties are to be blamed. Even Lorenzo handled the situation in a very poor manor and he wasn't even involved! Dude should have just kept his mouth shut.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
What did Lorenzo say (had a wife talking over the whole damn race, then didn't get to see anything after Rossi got interviewed in Park ferme)?

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
“To be honest I just hear the decision and I don't think it is a good decision, because he take out Marc and Marc crash and get zero points, but Valentino keeps 16 points,”

“I think it is unfair and maybe because [of] his name, he can get no points [deducted] this time. I saw [the incident] once. It's unbelievable; I saw and I didn't believe – it doesn't enter my head to do these kind of things, never in my life.

“In this kind of corner that you are completely in the angle, braking in the angle, to put up straight the bike and slow the other rider and make like this with the leg – it's unbelievable that this happen,”

“Minimum, Valentino should have the same points as Marc because without this action, Marc would not crash and he will finish probably in third position or fourth position. If he didn't finish the race and get zero points Valentino should make the same,” he said.

“With much less aggressive actions by other riders, they get much higher penalty sanctions but, as I say before, his name is very important for the championship and maybe because of that, he doesn't get any sanction on points in the championship.

“Yeah, he will start last [in Valencia] but I think it is not fair; we have to respect it, I am not Race Direction and I was not involved in this action but once knowing this decision I can say that I don't share it.”

Basically, he watched replay once, and then spent the entire press conference saying that race direction should impose a harsher penalty on Rossi.

It was kind of the way he said it too. Pedrosa was much more thoughtful in his comments.

EDIT: Here is Pedrosas comments for comparison.

“It's not a good thing to be happening in this late battle of the championship. From my point of view I can say that the battle was there from the early laps [between Rossi and Marquez]. Sure, it was heated up from the press conference and practice sessions and then they get together in the race and start fighting quite early.

“The manoeuvres were okay; sure, Valentino wanted to have a more calm race and maybe try to catch Jorge for second, but Marc wanted to stay on the podium because Marc always has a fighting spirit and he has quite a good way to manage the bike and do special overtaking,” Pedrosa added.

“But what I can say from the last manoeuvre: I think when you have the inside, you can go as out [wide] as you want because the guy on the inside has the preference always so normally the guy on the outside should shut [the throttle]. But I can see that the speed is already very slow so Marc understood that and closed completely the throttle, waiting for Valentino to turn.

“And then there is one moment when I can see Valentino's leg moving and Marc crash. I would like to see more times the image of this moment, but I don't understand why his leg is moving there. Unfortunately, not a good thing and really disappointed about it.”

Reflecting on the race, Pedrosa said he was pleased to deliver another victory for everyone who had stood by him during 'the hard times'.

“It's a very weird press conference but just to talk about the race I'm very happy because in the weekend I've been very strong, I have a good feeling with the bike on the track and could perform very well,” he said.

“I started from the beginning and stayed in the front so I'm really happy to escape and be unaware of all the problems behind.

“I'm happy to bring this victory to my team; it's been a very hard season, so lately we have been recovering very well and doing very good races,” added the Repsol Honda rider.

“This is super good for me and for all the people who stay with me during the hard times, so it's really special to win one race in the wet [Motegi], and one race in the dry.”

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Just goes to show that the Yamaha factory team isn't much of a "team" after all.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
[video=youtube;z3u3DpmL8GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3u3DpmL8GM[/video]

On the video above, at the end you can see the heli view, and I don't see any kick, his leg isn't "hard" like when you kick someone instead it looks like it was pulled and that confirms what Rossi says.

In the end, Marc is just a kid with nothing to lose and try to make Rossi lose too.

But the media of course want to let people think otherwise and are talking about a kick everywhere.

"V"

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Is any one else suspicious of Pedrosa's sudden rise to the top of the podium? After a pretty sucky season. Only because MM has helped him by engaging VR instead of racing. I totally agree with VR. MM is trying to decide the title and he has been doing it since before Motegi. I could site obvious specific examples. I think VR was trying to get into MM's mind when he slowed down in the corner, but I don't think he was trying to get him to crash. MM obviously let JL pass him early on, so he could distract VR and let Pedrosa & JL get ahead. It is his ego, which has been out of control since he won Moto2 championship. I thought his ego would catch up to him on it's own and he'd have a terrible crash, but VR took care of it. MM should be thanking him. MM can race another day...

I've been saying since Motgei that MM doesn't want VR to have another title because then it would be that much harder for MM to get more championships than VR. MM is a phenom that won't last long. Unlike VR whom is already a legend.

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
VR sounded crazy after phillip island when he mentioned MM's conspiracy to screw up his points. isn't there an unwritten rule to not get in the way of the championship battle if you have no chance of winning? now i really think MM is messing with VR on purpose. MM could have easily avoided contact but he was too stubborn and dove back in, which is why i think the penalty is too harsh.

valencia will just be a waste of time to watch now. JL's going to be in the front row. people might make way for VR in the lap or so to help him out, but there's no way he can catch him. the only hope is if JL crashes, and if he makes it to the front, that'll never happen.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a table of where JL and VR need to finish relative to each other for VR to win the title, and I reckon it's doable.

It would be an epic title win: off the back of the grid in the last race.