Motodynamics Integrated tail light question

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer: Glad you got it to work for you. The manual adjustment is so easy compared to the trouble of sending the product back. Happy riding!

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Those of you who have taken the light apart and adjusted it, did you have to take the taillight out of the tail to get the front plastic off the tail light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Those of you who have taken the light apart and adjusted it, did you have to take the taillight out of the tail to get the front plastic off the tail light?

I did mine before I even installed it on the bike. It was difficult getting the lens off and I think it would have been even more so if it was on the bike.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
How do these compare to the Clear Alternatives tail lights? My buddies say my Clear Alternatives tail light is not very bright. I am also running Hyper Lights to augment this tail light.

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
I returned mine for an exchange and received a perfect one. Huge difference.

I am a little peeved that they don't offer a return shipping label when it's their fault! So basically I had to pay an extra $10 in shipping to get what I should have received in the first.

To the person who received a second defective unit, I would raise hell in getting all my shipping money back. Although I think Motodynamic's lights are probably the brightest, this shipping mess means I will not be making any additional purchases from them.

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
I sucked it up and took off the front plastic and adjusted the light. Broke two clips but it works perfect now!

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Even if the clips are infuriating, it is still much easier to adjust the light output yourself than sending it back. Glad that you got it right.

About the clips, I think the non-EOM lens are just made of brittle plastic. Same thing with another set I had before. As for the OEM lens, not a single clip broke and it's from 2007.

I sucked it up and took off the front plastic and adjusted the light. Broke two clips but it works perfect now!

k20chevy

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, that's what I was going for, I emailed them today and expressed my concerns for quality. I'll keep everyone updated as I plan to order one soon.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look. Does anybody have pics vid of it compared to a stock light ? Like side by side? And has anyone tried it as standard flasher instead of the sequential ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP: Just ordered these (2.17.15). Will update once installed. Apparently the issues with the LED/reflector alignment has been corrected.

Review coming. :thumbup:

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
Spring has arrived and I finally got my fazer out yesterday. Did the BD43 mod, put in some PIAA bulbs, and rode it home. I attempted to get my Motodynamic light in before sundown but had to bail with the entire rear end disassembled (seemed to be the only way to get at it).

My question is, is it possible to have the stock turn signals and the LED turn signals running? I saw it on the forum somewhere but could not locate it. There is something I don't like about having only the LED sequentials. The good thing is, I can now probably get the end of the bike apart in half the time :)

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Spring has arrived and I finally got my fazer out yesterday. Did the BD43 mod, put in some PIAA bulbs, and rode it home. I attempted to get my Motodynamic light in before sundown but had to bail with the entire rear end disassembled (seemed to be the only way to get at it).

My question is, is it possible to have the stock turn signals and the LED turn signals running? I saw it on the forum somewhere but could not locate it. There is something I don't like about having only the LED sequentials. The good thing is, I can now probably get the end of the bike apart in half the time :)
I installed the integrated tail light this past winter and I actually left the led turn signals disconnected. I like the smaller, separate turn signals better, and I think they are more visible to all the idiots on the road around us. If you like the stock ones better, just don't plug in the led turn signals. If you want both, I think you'll need to cut up the harness so both can run at the same time. But then you may run into problems with the total load on that circuit and may end up with really dim turn signals or even worse, a blown fuse for the taillight circuit (which would be way less safe if no one can see when you're stopping).

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the integrated tail light this past winter and I actually left the led turn signals disconnected. I like the smaller, separate turn signals better, and I think they are more visible to all the idiots on the road around us. If you like the stock ones better, just don't plug in the led turn signals. If you want both, I think you'll need to cut up the harness so both can run at the same time. But then you may run into problems with the total load on that circuit and may end up with really dim turn signals or even worse, a blown fuse for the taillight circuit (which would be way less safe if no one can see when you're stopping).

This is what I was going to do but just wanted to check. Would the hazards still work? I assume those go through the other harness.