Motivation vs. Shogun

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered the TPS seat cowl...finally getting around to investing in some frame sliders and bar sliders...

From what I've read people have been happy with both shogun and motivation, but shogun is about half the price. To save on shipping I wanted to order the frame on bar sliders at the same time, anybody know of a good site? Any feed back on looks/performance/price would be appreciated. My bike is an '08. Thanks guys.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I never had to "use" them but Motovations are excellent! Very high quality bolts, grade 12.9, that are the correct length and will not booger up your frame threads.

"Motovation Accessories uses a proprietary High Molecular Density (HMD) formulation of nylon. This nylon is impregnated during the extrusion process with UV inhibitors to resist destabilization of the molecular matrix and discoloration during prolonged UV exposure. This formulation is also molybdenum disulfide infused to give it the same lubricating properties as Delrin. This formulation is 75% more resistant to abrasion than Delrin and exhibits a reduced propensity to "chunk off" or "break off" during extended abrasive events and it's 'slickness' reduces it 'grabby-ness' during slides that may cause your bike to tumble and cause more damage."

They are also made in Austin, Texas, US of A!!!!

Motovation Accessories, LLC
8403 Cross Park Drive, Ste 3E
Austin, TX 78754
512-697-9672 Ph
512-828-6378 Fax

http://motovationusa.com/

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I never had to "use" them but Motovations are excellent! Very high quality bolts, grade 12.9, that are the correct length and will not booger up your frame threads.

"Motovation Accessories uses a proprietary High Molecular Density (HMD) formulation of nylon. This nylon is impregnated during the extrusion process with UV inhibitors to resist destabilization of the molecular matrix and discoloration during prolonged UV exposure. This formulation is also molybdenum disulfide infused to give it the same lubricating properties as Delrin. This formulation is 75% more resistant to abrasion than Delrin and exhibits a reduced propensity to "chunk off" or "break off" during extended abrasive events and it's 'slickness' reduces it 'grabby-ness' during slides that may cause your bike to tumble and cause more damage."

They are also made in Austin, Texas, US of A!!!!

Motovation Accessories, LLC
8403 Cross Park Drive, Ste 3E
Austin, TX 78754
512-697-9672 Ph
512-828-6378 Fax

http://motovationusa.com/

Lol. Do you work for motivation or summat? :p

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
i'm using motivation...preety decent quality cause the plastic is able to support ure bike if anything happens...had seen a few friends drop their bikes and the motivation does it job by preventing the bike from fully hitting the tarmac.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. Do you work for motivation or summat? :p

Nope but they are about a mile and a half from the house.

Just seen too many "bargain" sliders break and not protect the bike at all. Motovations on the other hand work very well.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hey.
Does anybody know of a crash cage made for the FZ6 ?

Yamaha: 5VX-W0741-30-00 (5VX-W0741-40-00 in black)

5VXW07413000_HR.jpg

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone . i just bought a fz6 2009.

I was wondering if there is any site where they sell the motivation frame slider at a cheaper price

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
i have the shoguns and they were cake to install as suspected. Got em off ebay for around 45.00 shipped. hope to never use them.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Motovations. And when I say use, I mean my bike has skidded down the road on them. Here's my thread on it:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/7600-my-turn-go-down.html

They worked brilliantly and my bike suffered minimal damage. As a materials scientist, I was curious about their material so I asked them about it. I thought it was delrin, but the engineer there said that they tried delrin and it tends to crumble in a crash. They have seen delrin sliders crack apart and become useless in crashes, so they went with the high molecular weight nylon that Hellgate gave a nice description of, and it tends to melt away rather than crack apart, so it can protect longer in a slide. It's also lubricious so that it doesn't melt down too quickly. They really have put a lot of thought into this product and have done LOTS of testing to come up with the perfect slider.

One final note: Motovation will sell you a single replacement slider, and I'm not sure all slider companies do. It's good because, unless you have a really bad crash, you'll only use one in a lowside anyway.

That's my $0.03 (one for inflation) - got that from Vegasrider

Last edited: