Most embarrassing....(are you man/woman enough??)

Layne5150

Reaction score
Visit site
I drive out into the country in the rain on a dead end road and sit-n listen to this with the windows rolled up and nervously watch the rear view mirror. My wife thinks I'm cheating on her and my friends are angry that I'm not sharing my stash.

Sugarland - Life in a Northern Town
Really good cover in my opinion....shhhhhhh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGt_c0noTA"]YouTube - Sugarland - Life in a northern town[/ame]

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OT: I may have misread this but your mother converted to Amish ?

I always thought it was like being Jewish , you either are or your not.

No, but my parents switched to a religion where they don't have TV or radio, ladies wear skirts, long hair in a bun etc...was just setting the view and that was the easiest for people to picture lol

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone has Come on Ailene (not sure I spelled it right) you win. I can't stand that song.

I've always liked The Bee Gee's, Duran Duran, and Abba. You are a rare crowd, I don't say that much due to fear of death of revocation of my Man Card. I'm a musician and have always been open to just about all styles of music. I'm also a fan of Movie Soundtracks like some of the Star Trek and Star Wars music. So there now I'm embarrassed.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone has Come on Ailene (not sure I spelled it right) you win. I can't stand that song.

I've always liked The Bee Gee's, Duran Duran, and Abba. You are a rare crowd, I don't say that much due to fear of death of revocation of my Man Card. I'm a musician and have always been open to just about all styles of music. I'm also a fan of Movie Soundtracks like some of the Star Trek and Star Wars music. So there now I'm embarrassed.

Movie soundtracks can be incredible...Indiana Jones, Star Wars and my FAV to play on the sax is the soundtrack from Jurassic Park.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Can anyone remember the name of the band/group who performed the song Come on Eileen? No cheating :rolleyes:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Feelin Love - Paula Cole........can't help it...song is too damn sexy!:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not actually embarrassed by it but some folk seem to find it amusing that I have Boney M on my phone. Other than that it's rock and metal.

Who said disco's dead?:rockon::D

Oh and the words to the another song people were mentioning are actually,

"ahh me you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey ME, Hey ME."
I promise, when you're being ribbed 'cause your name is mick this almost instantly shuts folk up....LMAO.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I knew it was Dexy's Midnight Runners also. I couldn't tell you what one of their album covers looked like because I never looked for it when I went album shopping. I used to wonder how a band could make it with music like that. Even though they were practically one hit wonders. But then they could of been mega popular in other countries. It's like David Hasselhoff, they think the dudes an Elvis or something over in Europe.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
h ah ha - as sick as this is, I have every version of mandy that was ever recorded, including raw demo tracks of it unfinished and him talking in the studio uncut during the recording of the original used on radio.

Jesus christ - i'm coming out of the closet!!!!!!! +

Not sure how I ended up with this - I have music I don't even know I have and from who I got it from, that's how bad it is :)
Barry Manilow was an incredible talent, and Mandy an incredible record; it's just that every hit he ever had after that was a formulaic carbon-copy of Mandy, with the somewhat fresh exception of "Copa Cabana"...

I need to see if I can find a web link to Ray Steven's "I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow". That hilarious single proves my point!