More Power

catchm3fz

Reaction score
Visit site
I have my 07 FZ6..

I wanted a R1 but the price is up there and I needed something my wife could ride passenger.

So my question is.... What mods can you put on the FZ6 to give it a major hp/tq increase?

Rider skills training. The most efffective use of your dollar available. If you use what you have to the limit of its ability you will be faster than 90% of the riders on liter bikes. Just tell them you have nitrous. LOL

nothing you do will cost less then trading your bike for an r1...so when the money is an issue you really cannot put major hp's by modifying your bike...
i hear a lot that changing your counter sprocket is the cheapest mod that will make a difference on your acceleration,,,by going down one tooth you will loose some high speed but you will get there a little bit quicker...

spend another $1000,,you get exhaust+power commander+air filter...
then still its no r6....
if you dump thousands of dollars you could put a turbo kit and/or nos,,,,they will blow your engine real fast but hey you'll be the fastest fz6 out there...

these mods are all about the power,,,,by upgrading your suspension and taking an advanced riding course you will learn to get more out of your standard FZ6....

and as lots of us here would advise,,,,if you are trying to put major hp's to your bike,,,simply just buy a couple year old r1..

Ive had to bike for about 2 months now and I love it but its just not as powerful as I would like. If it was something I could mod for cheap and be up there with the r1 than id like to keep it but if not id just sell it for like $6,700. Only has 840miles on it.

Are you a new rider? Have got any experience? If not, stay away from an R1 and R6 for now mate. Even the FZ6 is not best suited for a novice...

Are you a new rider? Have got any experience? If not, stay away from an R1 and R6 for now mate. Even the FZ6 is not best suited for a novice...

Ive been riding for a few years now. Got my first Ninja back in highschool which was around 2000.

the cheapest mod that you can do to give you the kick in the pants that you are probably looking for is to change the sprockets, go down one in the front and up two in the rear. You will have much more low end "Power" but you will lose some top speed (how often are you going 153 anyway?)

Not to rain on anyone's parade but there are several threads out there in the last month that discuss this. I'm just too lazy to find them...

But for fun here's what I would do:
1) Exhaust
2) PCIII
3) Airfilter
4) J&E R6 636cc piston kit - I'm pretty sure it will fit.
5) Flow heads
6) Dyno Tune

I would leave the cams alone so the mid-range is not effected, the porting will help with the top end. I'd guess you'd get another 10 to 15hp net, but the mid range would be FAT!

Or - Buy and R6 and put ConvertiBars on it, a Corbin Seat and lower the foot pegs and inch or so.

:Sport:

Fixed......I think.....any English Professors here?

Hummm...great question. When I was doing Public Affairs for the Army we dropped affect and used effect. I'm pretty sure that is per the AP Style Guide which was published in 1977.

Here's what our friend Webster has to say on the subject, they actually devote a paragraph to the topic:

"The confusion of the verbs affect and effect in not only quite common but has a long history. Effect was used in place of affect as early as 1494 and in place of affect (two meanings are referred to here) as early as 1652. If you think you want to use the verb effect but are not certain, check the definitions in this dictionary. The noun affect is sometimes mistakenly use for effect. Except when your topic is psychology, you will seldom use the noun affect."

So that answers that! Clear as mud!

Wow...this thread took a sharp turn...

Like everyone else said, change the sprockets for more thrust...and with regard to loosing top end, are we talking theoretical top end or what?....because I've still never been able to hit top gear redline even at Road America.

Like everyone else said, change the sprockets for more thrust...and with regard to loosing top end, are we talking theoretical top end or what?....because I've still never been able to hit top gear redline even at Road America.

yeah, well, it is what it is....

My point exactly, you never use the top speed so why not trade it for low end thrust where you can use the power:Sport:

wrightme43 is is right. learn to use what you've got. I ran the 1/8 mile in 7.242. my buddy on a 03 kawi z1000 ran 7.4 He was dumping the clutch; I was slipping the clutch off the line at 8000 revs.

Back