More Nasty Weather

S

Shamus McFeeley

28 degrees here today and snowing. I can tell you that the pilot road 2 WILL work in snow, but I don't think it was designed for it. At one point on the way to work, I had to ride with my feet out like skis where the snow had blown and built up on the road. I still made it in to work before anyone else :thumbup:

This is the time of year I hate most in the south, weather just can't make up its mind. Just last week it was in the high 40s, one day hit 63! Now it's back to the random snow storms.

S

Shamus McFeeley

Wow maybe you could find you a beater cage for the snow days...... :rockon: :D

Unfortunately (or fortunately maybe?) my beater gave up the ghost last week in the form of a broken connecting rod cap.

Vegas,

Pictures tomorrow perhaps, all the snow on the road was gone by the time I left work. Still some on the ground, but it hasn't been consistently cold enough here for the ground to freeze.

Another thought occurs: I REALLY need a set of heated gloves!

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
HI! Shamus
I'm near huntsville alabama and it's 6" and ice on top of that howed you'all get by with so little snow:confused:
North Alabama mite as well be shut down till at least noon tomorrow:eek:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Similar weather where I live, in the mountains towards the coast. No snow, but plenty of ice on these winding roads! I was hoping to start commuting this week on the FZ, as the roads finally dried out, but nooooo. It has to drop into the 30's and get even slippery-er. :rolleyes: It's especially frustrating as the city I work in, while cold, is easily ride-able. Oh well, that's CA for you. Even the weather has to screw you in some fashion!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, its 12 below right now and there is a three foot drift of frozen snow blocking my garage door so no riding for me for another 4 months or so.:(:(:(

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Be safe man. It was really slippery Up here in Wisconsin Today. Even my Subie had a hard time keeping traction. The snow is not joke. A buddy of mine too his CX 500 out last winter... he was just screwing around and lost it. Rear end sled out and he went down and hit his back pretty hard. BE SAFE!!!

S

Shamus McFeeley

Once again with the random snow. Was only foggy and raining on the way to work today. Raining steady when I left work in TN, cross to the KY line and there's already an inch of snow on the ground. Good thing I've been borrowing a friends heated gloves!

P1190182.jpg

P1190180.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy!? What the???? Hahahaha! Man you're a tough one! Burrrrr. Have Fun! :rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Good for you riding! I can't stand the cold anymore plus I own a nice warm truck, so I drive when it is cold.

Coldest and snowyest winter in decades here in Missouri. Interesting commutes in my 2wd 345HP Dodge on sport truck tires. Not too bad, though.

ae9b1825-d94d-382f.jpg

ae9b1825-d98a-d4d4.jpg

ae9b1825-d9a6-1538.jpg

ae9b1825-d9c1-3129.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll have about a foot of fresh snow here by tomorrow morning. Maybe I should ride my bike to work... NOT!! :BLAA:

That's just insane.. in a cool way!

06fiz600

Reaction score
Visit site
Sure is!, I took mine out earlier this month, before we got all this snow.
That was around 30 degrees. That's about my limit, otherwise gotta keep the rides short :rockon:
that's awesome though!