More mods completed over the weekend...

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After some ribbing from members of the forum I finally got around to completing the remaining mods I had lying around my house over the weekend.

FZ1 Bars:

dc75c39c.jpg

Clearance at full lock:

5ac14989.jpg

Plasti-Dipped Screen:

5d15bddb.jpg

Black Reflective Wheel Stripes:

868b0d55.jpg

e2b376e9.jpg

I left the gap on the OEM bar ends so I can pick up some bar end mirrors at some point. I definitely like the way she handles now, but wish I would've changed the brake fluid BEFORE this as now I'll have to take the throttle side halfway off to move the reservoir over so it's level. Not a big deal, just a PITA.

The black stripes are almost invisible unless they are reflecting.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work. Now you need to paint those radiator side guards:thumbup:

I'll 2nd that motion! This was my first mod other than frame sliders. I feel like they just look cheap and yami wasnt thinking. Still looking for a cheap/easy way to get the passenger pegs black.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting some of that 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl and covering the rear seat cowl, rear set inserts and radiator guards. I plasti-dipped the inserts but it didn't stick to the smooth aluminum very well and started peeling after about 2 days. Likely poor prep on my part, but being that plasti-dip is only semi-permanent I think the stick-on vinyl route may be a better long-term solution. I also had to peel the plasti-dip off my seat cowl as it developed a hole in the top from taking my MC cover on and off. Ended up just painting it flat-black. My concern with doing the vinyl is I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be to wrap the cowl. There's not too many complex curves, I'm just worried about the transition from the top to the front and two little "arms" on the sides. I'm thinking a nice 2ft X 4ft piece will take care of everything, though.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I painted my rear passenger pegs, axle covers and radiator end covers flat black then a clear coat. Looks great and seems to last great.