Mods for more aggresive riding position?

M

maximumcman

I am a newer rider, have about 2000 miles under my belt, all on an 07 FZ6. I love the bike, but I would like to do some basic mods on it to allow for a more aggressive riding posture. I am 6' 2", and I am wondering if there is a seat out there that allows you to sit further back, as mine is rounded up quite a lot at the back which makes it difficult to sit back there without sliding forwards. Also, I am kind of lost as to what rearsets to get, and any kind of handlebar mods to do.

Thanks for any help!Blah

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never heard of any seats like that, but you can start by changing the bars to FZ1 bars, they have less rise and sweep, meaning you have to lean slightly further in front to reach them.

They are very comfortable, give a riding position that is a bit more aggressive and are pretty cheap.

It is discussed in this thread:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/50793-fz6r-handlebars-drill-needed.html

DSC_4056_zpsb6bb6b21.jpg

DSC_4037_zps589bbfc0.jpg

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
+1 on the FZ1 bars! I'm the same, 6'2 and found the improvement to be night and day.

Haven't bothered with rearsets myself yet, however the Danmoto eBay specials seem to be a popular choice, unless you have the budget for a set of Rizomas of course!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, i forgot to mention, i did try the setback plates that are talked about on the forum and removed them after 20 minutes, at 6'2" and a 35" inseam they were destroying my knees!
I do recommend changing the foot pegs for some aluminium ones though, it really helps with grip, and if you enjoy moving around on your seat it makes it a lot safer.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 to all of the above. The most likely reason you feel like you want to be farther back in the seat is because the stock bar is putting into a cramped position. By switching to FZ1 bar, you'll be very stretched out.. must more than on an actual FZ1.

Just about all aftermarket rearsets will take space away. Typically they will move your pegs up and back. Great for the track, unnecessary for the street. If aggressive is what you're after though, at the cost of diminished comfort, by all means go with any aftermarket rearsets... all of them will be more *aggressive* than OEM ones.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a newer rider, have about 2000 miles under my belt, all on an 07 FZ6. I love the bike, but I would like to do some basic mods on it to allow for a more aggressive riding posture. I am 6' 2", and I am wondering if there is a seat out there that allows you to sit further back, as mine is rounded up quite a lot at the back which makes it difficult to sit back there without sliding forwards. Also, I am kind of lost as to what rearsets to get, and any kind of handlebar mods to do.

Thanks for any help!Blah
I'm 6'1" and the stock bars were too high and too close. I am totally happy with my Suburban Machinery stainless steel bars. The stock bar ends fit and the holes are in the right spot for the pins for the controls. They are kind of like Thruxton drop bars. They place the hands about 1-11/2" forward and maybe 1/2-1" lower. Nice welds too!

Stephen ingham

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hijack your post but have to say i love the black and red seat, is that year specific, i have a 2004 fz6 and would love something like that....

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hijack your post but have to say i love the black and red seat, is that year specific, i have a 2004 fz6 and would love something like that....

The seat came stock on some edition of the naked FZ6 in europe, i think the color combo was called carbon, it had the red and black seat, grey tank and gold rims... I have seen a few on ebay, but it might be cheaper to get a custom cover made....

M

maximumcman

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Handlebars will probably be first on the list!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
If aggressive is what youre after then you should have just paid the extra insurance and gotten a R6,

#letthehatefly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did Converting Bars and set back plates. They made all the difference in the world.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2