Mod it vs trade it?

If I want more aggressive riding style, should I:

• YES, go SS, the middleweight FZ is more designed for comfort/sport touring/commute-friendly riding

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • NO: you can mod it to get that SS "feel", here are the parts you can get...

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Forget it! You won't like a SS, just keep the FZ stock and enjoy riding

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

aaronshum

Reaction score
Visit site
Have had my 09 FZ6 since early this season, came from a Ninja EX500.

Noticed that I really want to try riding a SS; more aggressive posture, maneuverability, etc.

Here's a question, should I just switch next season and go R6/Gixxer/RR, etc.?

Or do you guys recommend I do some mods like aftermarket handlebars and seats and springs and such to "customize" my bike? If so, what type of mods would you recommend and where can I get the parts from?

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Adjustable rearsets and lower bars or clip ons for the aggressive position.
Exhaust, air box mod and Power Commander for the performance.
Belly pan / Full fairing, seat cowl and as much carbon fibre as you can ay your hands on for the the aesthetic!

The FZ6 is an allrounder, you can tweak it to be as sporty as your imagination (and bank balance) will take you. Stick with it dude, you'll be glad you did when you're the envy of your mates on their standard Gixxers!

EDIT: Do a quick ssearch for 'FZ6 Cup', you'll see what I mean :thumbsup:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Why switch? Own both! :)

If $ is the issue, switch. You can always go back. But, you won't know until you try it. With a big bag of cash, you might get close to the handling and performance of a couple year old sport bike, but why. There really is no comparison between my gixxer 600 and FZ6. Two different bikes designed for two different applications.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Ill put in my own personal experience with this decision and hopefully you can take away from it something that will help.
I really want a SS, gixxer 750. After a month of back and forth on it I finally decided to go for it. However, when trying to sell my FZ I found how much of a loss ($$) I would have to take on it just to get a faster more nimble bike with that hunched over position.
Faster and more nimble does sound good, but I just had to sit back and ask "My FZ does 0-100 in ~3 seconds and first gear does 100km/h... Do I really need something that can do it in 2.5 and 120?"

ALl in all it came down to money for me. If your lucky enough to not have to be worrying about that aspect of it, then hell ya go for the SS. You would never be able to fully convert an FZ to a gsxr/RR/R6. But if you are on budget putting the equiv. of what you wouldve lost on your FZ if you sold it, into mods then it will be a great middle ground