Not open for further replies.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: From other forums: BS!

"...the odometer photo is the regular odometer, NOT the trip meter. Therefore, the 2006 bike has 10,000 miles, not the tires."

"Insane!!! I dont believe a word of his story... There is no way that tire has 10000 miles on it IMO."

"Plus he claims to put on "no less than 110 miles EVERY SINGLE DAY". Even if you do not count any of January or June that is over 13000 miles. He states I expected them to hold up to their advertised claims. Nothing more. Nothing less. I would like to see where Michelin advertised the PR3 will last over 13000 miles."

"(QUOTE]

You're mistaken on the tires capability as far as miles

I can believe that the Pilot Road 2's and 3's can go well over 13,000 just because I consistently get over 16,000 miles on my tires which I run on the Pures, PP 2Ct's and regular PP's. I do not baby the tires as I hit the twisties down in Southern Cal several times going at a very spirited pace. I practice my quick stops every week. Yes, no burnouts and no two up riding. And yes, it's only a 600cc bike with 98hp.

I have posted reviews of my tires after each tire change, with pictures. I admit that the front is worn down to it's limit, but at that point, it's just commuting. However, I could easily get 20,000 miles out of my rear.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/38158-pilot-pures-retired-after-16-053-miles.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/36819-pilot-pure-review-12-137-miles.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/33171-2cts-17-616-miles-replaced-pilot-pures.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/17192-my-pillot-powers-coming-end.html

Last edited:
Q

Quaere verum

You're mistaken on the tires capability as far as miles

I can believe that the Pilot Road 2's and 3's can go well over 13,000 just because I consistently get over 16,000 miles on my tires which I run on the Pures, PP 2Ct's and regular PP's. I do not baby the tires as I hit the twisties down in Southern Cal several times going at a very spirited pace. I practice my quick stops every week. Yes, no burnouts and no two up riding. And yes, it's only a 600cc bike with 98hp.

I have posted reviews of my tires after each tire change, with pictures. I admit that the front is worn down to it's limit, but at that point, it's just commuting. However, I could easily get 20,000 miles out of my rear.

First of all, those aren't my quotes, so I'M not mistaken.

Second of all, you are missing the point to those comments. They are refuting his story - piece by piece. The odometer is at 10k NOT the tires (= lie). There is no way the tread in the rear tire photo is that of a tire with 10K miles on it (= lie). He expected them to hold up to their advertised claims. There are NO ads or other promotional material from Michelin that claim the road life of the PR3 tires and, considering the two refutes above, he is contradicting himself. It would have made more sense to say, "Hey look what happened to my Michelins after only a few miles."

Q

Quaere verum

you guys did notice that his helmet didnt look like it had a scratch on it :Flip:

also, its pretty hard to see any damage done to the auto, the lines of the top of the bumper seem to remain relatively straight. At best that was a lowside (observing the scrape marks) and I find it hard he could have lowsided then projected himself perfectly through the rear windshield of that vehicle.

if I put my conspiracy hat on I say he parked his bike right behind his gf's car, checked for whitnesses and then tipped it over and had her back up over it and then drag it a few feet, after having bashed in the rear windshield at home.

I like your points about the auto and damages, and I agree the difficulty of projecting oneself perfectly through a rear windshield is pretty high. However, I'm not too sure about your "conspiracy" points. I'm sure it's a legit accident. Just what really happened, only he knows the truth.

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
LOL Nice try on the conspiracy theory...

My girl backed her SUV over my bike? Are you SERIOUS? LOL I guess there is a tin foil hat wearing bunch in every forum.

Where I previously worked is of no concern. Whether I did a short spat as LEO is of no bearing here.

The tires have JUST UNDER 10,000 miles. I put them on when the bike had 216 miles. The odometer shot was from the previous day because I was going to make a "Broke 10 K" post.

700 Dollars is what my tires cost after installation. I'll scan the receipt from Coast Cycle World as soon as I get home.

I can go on and on refuting your insane conspiracy theory bull****. But here is the reality, I have the tires, the receipt, the accident report, the bike, and anything else anyone deems necessary. I've offered them up several times for Michelin's inspection (as well as ANYONE else that wants to take a look at them).

Let me guess, you are also the same crew behind the "We didn't land on the moon" theory...

LOL Love you long time...

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you happen to have a photo of the front tire or can you take one (assuming the tire is still on the wheel)? That will refute most of the BS people have been giving you man.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
If I were you I'd do it, I'd post it in here and then I'll wait and see what other ridiculous bullcrap people come up with. $10 says someone will come around and say that you've used the next 4 days to take off the tire, cook it in your oven, rip it apart, mount it back on and take a photo of it.

Not a scratch on the helmet? Really? I've got 5 crashes on my record, one of which was at 60mph and any of my helmets is yet to touch the ground and have a scratch on it. And for the record, no, a car window impact will not scratch your helmet.

And epic LOL @ the fiancee backing onto your bike. Can't you guys see the bike is a little more damaged than that?

Next on the agenda: a secret society of aliens is controlling the world's most powerful governments. Discuss.

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Given you just joined the forum and Michelin now knows of this issue, I seriously question where you are coming from.. hmmm Mr. Michelin rep???
I totally agree with this. Fizzled seems suss to me! It's quite incredible how many people seem to have joined this forum just to post here! Wish I'd this much response when posting about some of my mods! :D

I'm glad I stuck with the PR2s on my upgrade rather than the ugly PR3s I was considering!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

Are you blindly believing everything because you all share the same bike?
I think to us, Amorousnerdium seems a bit more reliable than all these random people who have joined up here just to post on this thread.

Personally, I feel more inclined to trust him because of:-

:Flip:

Of course we're going to support one of our own! :thumbup:

Q

Quaere verum

LOL Nice try on the conspiracy theory...

My girl backed her SUV over my bike? Are you SERIOUS? LOL I guess there is a tin foil hat wearing bunch in every forum.

Where I previously worked is of no concern. Whether I did a short spat as LEO is of no bearing here.

The tires have JUST UNDER 10,000 miles. I put them on when the bike had 216 miles. The odometer shot was from the previous day because I was going to make a "Broke 10 K" post.

700 Dollars is what my tires cost after installation. I'll scan the receipt from Coast Cycle World as soon as I get home.

I can go on and on refuting your insane conspiracy theory bull****. But here is the reality, I have the tires, the receipt, the accident report, the bike, and anything else anyone deems necessary. I've offered them up several times for Michelin's inspection (as well as ANYONE else that wants to take a look at them).

Let me guess, you are also the same crew behind the "We didn't land on the moon" theory...

Amorousnerdium -
You don't answer half the criticisms except what someone on your own forum said - which I disagreed with. Forget about what 650samurai said - he is not of the majority who still do NOT believe you. I believe you had an accident, but you have exaggerated and embellished the facts to suit your needs.

You left out so many critical proofs. You need to back them up or Michelin is going to thumb their nose at you, too. We'd love to believe you, but you don't make any sense.

By the way: Claiming something about yourself that is NOT TRUE puts your credibility in question. You were NEVER in law enforcement. Your public resume shows that. If you were so proud to claim it as your profession in your forum profile, why wouldn't you list it in your resume - why leave it out? And, if your defense were true (BIG IF), why are you listing "where you previously worked... (and) did a short spat as LEO" as your CURRENT profession on your profile in this forum?
Credibility = 0

Your rear tire does not have 10K miles on it - the photo shows that - period.
You claim you put the PR3's on the bike when it had 216 miles - prove it.

Your first post on this forum is VERY VERY interesting:

You joined in November of 2010. You bought the bike the first week of November 2010 (a 2006 bike for which you said you paid $3200). So, it was a USED bike. You then go on to say you got into an accident - these are your verbatim quotes from your first post 11-16-2010:
"Well, I just bought my 2006 FZ6 a week a go, and a few days ago an RV came over on top of me. Then didn't even stop after hitting me... I've never even ridden a bike until last week." "When the RV hit me I was doing 55 in a 60. Hit the ground solidly and slid a good ways. Bounced off two signs, a curve, and a parked car. Injuries? a slightly skinned knee..." "....the forks are bent, the front rim, one of my mirrors, the upper and lower fairings, the windshield, the headlight, my foot peg, and a small gash on the gas tank."

Interesting story... you bounced off two signs and A CURVE? It was a hit and run accident and that's all you have to say about it?

Are you sure the accident photo isn't from THAT accident? Are you sure that isn't you talking with the police officer? That photo looks just as you described. I mean, it even looks like a parked car. You can even see the scrape marks on the pavement where the bike slid into the car! If this IS from the accident you claim, you did NOT plow "...into her rear end." You slid into it - that would explain the pavement scrapes (you can clearly see them at the officer's feet) and why there appears to be no damage to the back bumper or body of the SUV. How the window broke, I have no idea, but you did NOT go through the window.

You claimed in this thread that you put 110 miles a day on the bike. Conservatively, if we only count weekdays, that would mean that the bike would have racked up 900 miles by January. You bought a 2006 bike in November 2010, and now say it had 216 miles when you mounted the PR3's in January - really? Based on the math, that would mean the USED 2006 bike you bought in November 2010 had negative mileage when you bought it...? Huh?

Do you see where this is going?

Where are the other accident pics? Do they tell a different story - is that why you don't post them?

By the way, my only critique of you and your story is about your past and your mileage comments - you just don't make sense. I tend to agree with everyone else's comments though. The other guys on the other forums (some of whom are very experienced motorcycle techs and racers) think your story is way off. There isn't enough evidence to your story to agree with you about the accident, but most of us do believe you did have an accident - just not the way you describe it. Most of us agree that your rear tire is a result of underinflation blistering and that there is no way the photo is of a tire with 10,000 miles on it.

Admitting that you are an inexperienced owner/rider puts you at a big disadvantage when discussing these things.

Remember, your post has shot all over the net and made it onto several other forums. Hundreds of other people have seen and read your story and most of those people are far more experienced with these things than you. Grow up and confess or disprove what everyone doubts. If you can't prove your stories, we might be able to forgive you... this one time.

Would you happen to have a photo of the front tire or can you take one (assuming the tire is still on the wheel)? That will refute most of the BS people have been giving you man.

:thumbup:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site

I think to us, Amorousnerdium seems a bit more reliable than all these random people who have joined up here just to post on this thread.

Personally, I feel more inclined to trust him because of:-

:Flip:

Of course we're going to support one of our own! :thumbup:

Also I don't think it's fair to characterize the support he's gotten here as "blind" when he did a fairly good job documenting his case. He took pictures and gave specific, pertinent details. The onus is now on those who reject that evidence to make their case, not the other way around.

I don't know the guy from a bum on the corner, but he is a forum member in good standing, and he provided sufficient evidence to give me pause. That is not "blind support."

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fact: There was a LEO at the scene so there will be a "Police Report" which can be used in the court of law. It will indicate time and date, parties involved, etc.

Fact: He bought and had his tires professionally installed at the stealership. Price is irrevelant. Most places will record your mileage at the time of install, it's standard practice. I'm sure that there is traceablity that those tires came from that install. So nobody can blame that it was installed incorrectly and use that trump card. Something to think about for those who choose to work on your own motorcycles. There would be no official document, besides your receipt.

Fact: He had witnesses.

Fact: He sustained injuries and will have medical records to prove it.

Fact: Tires can last well beyond 10,000 miles as I have gotten over 16,000 on my Michelin's and I have provided a link to prove each time. Hey, probably the reason why I get so many miles out of my tires is because maybe I get them professionally installed at an authorized dealer.

Let the court decide.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:popcorn:

Any new contact with Michelin? Ie. Have they asked for your tires again? I am a loyal Michelin tire purchaser, for all my cars and my bike and find their seeming lack of communication and heel dragging on this rather disturbing.

As someone else mentioned, in today's day and age of things going viral, an incident like this can go a long way towards damaging a company image. Whether the company is in the right or wrong, it's ultimately what peoples perception of you is that matters...

G

GixxerFixxer

I call utter BS on the whole story!

Those tyres haven't done 10K miles!

My view, like it or not!...

He had an accident, now he's blaming Michelin to try to get money from them.

End of story,

Why has NOBODY else had a similar problem? With BOTH tyres?!?!?!?!?

I call BS... UTTER BS!!!

Prove me wrong.. show us a picture of your front tyre (tire):rolleyes:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Why has NOBODY else had a similar problem? With BOTH tyres?!?!?!?!?

There's a first time for everything ;)

11772597018ft0tyres001ly5.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go back to riders.com

You have all joined this forum just to flame.

We're not interested - have your fight back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Shamus McFeeley

Prove yourself, or a bunch of faceless people you have never and will never meet will be very angry! :mad:

Oh no, anything but that! :(

NineseveN

Reaction score
Visit site
Fact: There was a LEO at the scene so there will be a "Police Report" which can be used in the court of law. It will indicate time and date, parties involved, etc.

Fair enough.

Fact: He bought and had his tires professionally installed at the stealership. Price is irrevelant. Most places will record your mileage at the time of install, it's standard practice. I'm sure that there is traceablity that those tires came from that install. So nobody can blame that it was installed incorrectly and use that trump card. Something to think about for those who choose to work on your own motorcycles. There would be no official document, besides your receipt.

Easy there counselor, you're assuming facts not in evidence. He claims that he had them professionally installed, his word does not make it a fact.

Fact: He had witnesses.

He claims to, which does not a fact make. :)

Fact: He sustained injuries and will have medical records to prove it.

He claims to, which does not a fact make. :)

Just sayin'. :)

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Amorousnerdium -
You don't answer half the criticisms except what someone on your own forum said - which I disagreed with. Forget about what 650samurai said - he is not of the majority who still do NOT believe you. I believe you had an accident, but you have exaggerated and embellished the facts to suit your needs.

You left out so many critical proofs. You need to back them up or Michelin is going to thumb their nose at you, too. We'd love to believe you, but you don't make any sense.

By the way: Claiming something about yourself that is NOT TRUE puts your credibility in question. You were NEVER in law enforcement. Your public resume shows that. If you were so proud to claim it as your profession in your forum profile, why wouldn't you list it in your resume - why leave it out? And, if your defense were true (BIG IF), why are you listing "where you previously worked... (and) did a short spat as LEO" as your CURRENT profession on your profile in this forum?
Credibility = 0

Your rear tire does not have 10K miles on it - the photo shows that - period.
You claim you put the PR3's on the bike when it had 216 miles - prove it.

Your first post on this forum is VERY VERY interesting:

You joined in November of 2010. You bought the bike the first week of November 2010 (a 2006 bike for which you said you paid $3200). So, it was a USED bike. You then go on to say you got into an accident - these are your verbatim quotes from your first post 11-16-2010:
"Well, I just bought my 2006 FZ6 a week a go, and a few days ago an RV came over on top of me. Then didn't even stop after hitting me... I've never even ridden a bike until last week." "When the RV hit me I was doing 55 in a 60. Hit the ground solidly and slid a good ways. Bounced off two signs, a curve, and a parked car. Injuries? a slightly skinned knee..." "....the forks are bent, the front rim, one of my mirrors, the upper and lower fairings, the windshield, the headlight, my foot peg, and a small gash on the gas tank."

Interesting story... you bounced off two signs and A CURVE? It was a hit and run accident and that's all you have to say about it?

Are you sure the accident photo isn't from THAT accident? Are you sure that isn't you talking with the police officer? That photo looks just as you described. I mean, it even looks like a parked car. You can even see the scrape marks on the pavement where the bike slid into the car! If this IS from the accident you claim, you did NOT plow "...into her rear end." You slid into it - that would explain the pavement scrapes (you can clearly see them at the officer's feet) and why there appears to be no damage to the back bumper or body of the SUV. How the window broke, I have no idea, but you did NOT go through the window.

You claimed in this thread that you put 110 miles a day on the bike. Conservatively, if we only count weekdays, that would mean that the bike would have racked up 900 miles by January. You bought a 2006 bike in November 2010, and now say it had 216 miles when you mounted the PR3's in January - really? Based on the math, that would mean the USED 2006 bike you bought in November 2010 had negative mileage when you bought it...? Huh?

Do you see where this is going?

Where are the other accident pics? Do they tell a different story - is that why you don't post them?

By the way, my only critique of you and your story is about your past and your mileage comments - you just don't make sense. I tend to agree with everyone else's comments though. The other guys on the other forums (some of whom are very experienced motorcycle techs and racers) think your story is way off. There isn't enough evidence to your story to agree with you about the accident, but most of us do believe you did have an accident - just not the way you describe it. Most of us agree that your rear tire is a result of underinflation blistering and that there is no way the photo is of a tire with 10,000 miles on it.

Admitting that you are an inexperienced owner/rider puts you at a big disadvantage when discussing these things.

Remember, your post has shot all over the net and made it onto several other forums. Hundreds of other people have seen and read your story and most of those people are far more experienced with these things than you. Grow up and confess or disprove what everyone doubts. If you can't prove your stories, we might be able to forgive you... this one time.

Ooooooo! Now this one is fun...
My profile hasn't been updated in a while on here. As for my resume, you might want to learn a thing or too about how to properly build a targeted resume... ie, If I am seeking employment in the IT/Tech/Graphic Design sector, why would I waste my time with various jobs that have no bearing on that field... Wait, I left out Taco Bell and Office Depot too.... Maybe I should go back and add them as well.... Maybe not...

As for the milage on the bike at the time of purchase, That's very easy to prove and have NO problem scanning in the Bill of Sale and posting it. Proving the mileage at the time of tire purchase and installation is easy... I'll gladly post my reciept from Coast Cycle World showing the mileage at the time THEY professionally installed them.

As for the pics of that wreck versus the pics of this wreck, I'll let you figure that one out on your own... The other forum members here have already seen the posts of those, as well as the full tear down and rebuild... Please, before you make stupid comments like that, please research things properly...

As for my bike mileage at 110 a day... When i started my current job (Middle of March) is when i started racking up those miles... NOT when I first bought the bike. From the time I was finished with the rebuild to then it was a weekend driver... Bear in mind that after the first wreck, the bike was parked and in the state of rebuilding for months. Ah, but again, you would already know that if you would have properly researched your arguement.
Oh and the photo was taking by my significant other at the time awaiting the arrival of the emergency response crew. Everyone knows 1: Do NOT move the rider unless they are in immenent danger, 2: Do NOT remove the helmet for any reason - Emergency response should do that AFTER securing the rider to a back board and immobilizing him 3: Maintain the perimeter to preserve the scene for investigation. Yet again, do your research before popping off at the mouth...

Other accident photos? We have plenty. My attorney point blank said NOT to post them. Sorry, his advice trumps your whining.
As for a few other people's opinions as to the mileage/air pressure, if that were the case, i would not be so adamant about providing the tire to Michellin for their inspection...

I can go on and on punching holes in your petty conspiracy theory. But are you really worth the time? Do you hold any sort of credibility that I should worry about? No... Sorry, I have my documentation. I have my tires. I have my photos. I have my bike. I know my habits. I've made all of that available to not only my lawyer, but Michellin as well. I post anything HERE people ask for as the requests come.

Admitting I am an inexperienced rider does not put me at any sort of dissadvantage as you put it... It makes me real... It makes me honest...
Yes, maybe my posts have made it all over the net... That is of no concern to me. My post was here. On this forum. A forum where the members have helped me with my bike over and over again. Other forums are of no concern to me. I am not a member there. Nor do I need to be. I ride an FZ6... I love it. That is why I am HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.