Marchesini wheels

Protaper48

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm debating a set of Marchesini wheels. Pretty sure that the ones that they make (Marchesini) for an Yamaha R6 would fit, since the stock wheels on Fz6 and R6 are the same part number. Can anybody confirm this, also my bike is blue with R6 front end so should I go gold wheels or black. :confused:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm debating a set of Marchesini wheels. Pretty sure that the ones that they make (Marchesini) for an Yamaha R6 would fit, since the stock wheels on Fz6 and R6 are the same part number. Can anybody confirm this, also my bike is blue with R6 front end so should I go gold wheels or black. :confused:

It's been confirmed by this thread that 2009 R6 wheels will fit onto our beloved FZ6, so fitting the Marchesinis shouldn't be a problem. Please be sure to post pics if you end up installing them! :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those are some top notch wheels, may I ask why you are putting them on the FZ-6? I love them but they are so darn expensive that i couldn't justify the cost to myself.

Of course, i can't wait to see it, and yes, the gold would look awesome!

Protaper48

Reaction score
Visit site
Why I'm I putting them on Fz6.....that is a good question. I guess since I started the mods, going naked I like the bike to have a nice flow and a set of wheels like that would be the icing on a cake.

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
This seems like it will work on a 2007 - but what about a 2005? Would they be the same? I want to get some different rims and save some weight also.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW :jawdrop: I didn't realize how expensive those things are. I saw $2500 for aluminum and $3500 for magnesium. That's probably more than my whole bike is worth!!!! Please tell me that the pricing I saw is WAAAAAAAY off. I may be in the wrong business.

If I had no other place to spend the money I would tend to think the gold would look good. They do also make them in blue.... food for thought and more power to ya buddy!! :thumbup:

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah pricey - but for the handling and unsprung weight = performance. Not sure you can get a better bang for the buck.

Will they fit an 05?

slowboyracing

Up on one wheel!
Vendor
Reaction score
Visit site
You should really look into the price/benefits. On the R6's the benefits are very minimal, not too sure how heavy the factory FZ6 wheels you have are. Unless you really have some extra coin to spend, then, please share your pictures with us once you pull the trigger :)

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, i hate to be an ass with this comment...and i usually dont dissuade anyone from mods....but....marchesini rims for an fz6??? unsprung weight for more performance? at the end of the day, its still gonna be a fz6...with rims worth more than the bike itself.

its like seeing a 'hoopdee' with expensive rims worth more than the car. seriously, if you want unsprung weight and more performance, than there are numerous affordable used sportbikes out there...gixxers, cbrs, ninjas, etc.

i love my fz6, but i thoroughly understand what it is and what its capable of...and putting marchesini rims on it wont change that. put that money in a bank account and use it for a worth while purpose someday.

Protaper48

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, i hate to be an ass with this comment...and i usually dont dissuade anyone from mods....but....marchesini rims for an fz6??? unsprung weight for more performance? at the end of the day, its still gonna be a fz6...with rims worth more than the bike itself.

its like seeing a 'hoopdee' with expensive rims worth more than the car. seriously, if you want unsprung weight and more performance, than there are numerous affordable used sportbikes out there...gixxers, cbrs, ninjas, etc.

i love my fz6, but i thoroughly understand what it is and what its capable of...and putting marchesini rims on it wont change that. put that money in a bank account and use it for a worth while purpose someday.

Ya I agree and never mind the fact that my wife would castrate me:spank: