Lumpy idle when cold started

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the second owner of my '08. The only modifications i know of is that the previous owner drilled out the stock exhaust.

When i cold start the bike the idle is lumpy for a minute or two then it smoothes out. The bike runs great otherwise. Is this normal?

I tried to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery leads and shorting them for a few minutes.

Any ideas on what's going?

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed LeoVince slip-ons I can hear the same "wobble" sound when I cold start the bike. Mine too smoothes out after a minute, so I dont worry much about it though...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When the engine is cold, the ECU has it run richer (like an automatic choke). Slightly rougher running (the mixture is richer) and a higher idle is normal.

If you to post a video would help but I think your fine..:thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My 2006 has pretty much done this since day 1. It smooths out as soon as it's warm and does not do it again until I restart. Never worried about it, bike runs great. :thumbup:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike also did this when I bought it. PO said it started when he installed the LV pipes. After a bit of researching and adjusted the CO settings and did a throttle body sync, and it has smoothed it out considerably.