Lumpy idle when cold started

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the second owner of my '08. The only modifications i know of is that the previous owner drilled out the stock exhaust.

When i cold start the bike the idle is lumpy for a minute or two then it smoothes out. The bike runs great otherwise. Is this normal?

I tried to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery leads and shorting them for a few minutes.

Any ideas on what's going?

I recently installed LeoVince slip-ons I can hear the same "wobble" sound when I cold start the bike. Mine too smoothes out after a minute, so I dont worry much about it though...

When the engine is cold, the ECU has it run richer (like an automatic choke). Slightly rougher running (the mixture is richer) and a higher idle is normal.

If you to post a video would help but I think your fine..:thumbup:

My 2006 has pretty much done this since day 1. It smooths out as soon as it's warm and does not do it again until I restart. Never worried about it, bike runs great. :thumbup:

My bike also did this when I bought it. PO said it started when he installed the LV pipes. After a bit of researching and adjusted the CO settings and did a throttle body sync, and it has smoothed it out considerably.

Back