Luggage on a budget

lennyo3034

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm relatively new to sport touring, and just picked up an '05 FZ6. I plan to take it on long rides, often two-up. I'm looking for luggage that would be suitable for the task. The luggage pictured here is basically EXACTLY what I'm looking for, however I'm on a budget. Are there any similar options from cheaper brands? I'm willing to give up features and convenience, I don't even need cases that are removable as I can just stuff a duffel bag inside them. Any suggestions are welcome.

Givi fitting solutions for the Yamaha Fazer FZ6 S2 07-09

lennyo3034

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I had actually looked through that post, but most tailbags seem to be gear towards a single rider, not passenger. At the moment the only options I've found are Givi and Shad, both of which are pricey. I'm sure I'm missing something though, I don't know much about luggage, are there any cheaper brands out there?

thanks.

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I had actually looked through that post, but most tailbags seem to be gear towards a single rider, not passenger. At the moment the only options I've found are Givi and Shad, both of which are pricey. I'm sure I'm missing something though, I don't know much about luggage, are there any cheaper brands out there?

thanks.

Have you checked into Coocase? I have a V28 mounted to a SW Motech rack from Twisted Throttle. Here's everything they offer for your bike: TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Yamaha - FZ6 Fazer, '04-'06 -

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the links in this thread. I'm looking for my first set of luggage as well and am trying to balance cost and quality.

Driftboat

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some soft bags from Amazon , I paid $50 for them , they sag but work great cant be more happier with them, Oh and yes when you get older the bags sag!!!:D

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-MotoGear-73707-Motorcycle/dp/B000RN4FK6/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1331056698&sr=8-15"]Amazon.com: Classic Accessories MotoGear 73707 Motorcycle Saddle Bags: Automotive[/ame]

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
OP, I was in your shoes a few years ago. Something that was suggested to me was a trunk like this from Sears: Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

You could then get the Givi topcase rack (I believe it's the FZ351 model number) and either use the mounting plate that comes with that trunk or get the Givi version that would also work with it. This would cut down the cost for now and allow you to upgrade to a higher-quality Givi case later on. Givi Topcase Rack (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'10) - Givi FZ351 : TwistedThrottle.com

I've got a Givi setup on mine (though I use only the topcase most of the time). This is my setup...Givi E45NJ (the version with no stickers or reflectors to cut down on cost), the Givi FZ351 topcase rack, and Givi E21 sidecases (I picked them up from another member here for cheap).

Givi E45NJ Junior Economy Monokey Luggage Case (ea) - 45 liters/case - Givi E45NJ : TwistedThrottle.com
Givi E21 Monokey Sidecases/Saddlebags (pair) - 21 liters/case - Givi E21 : TwistedThrottle.com

My bike in touring mode (better pictures):

8505b8e8.jpg

8a50a26c.jpg

Last edited:

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I have cortech saddlebags and seatbag. They can be used separately or in combo. Easily put on and off and the best part you can get into them for less than $150.00!

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
You could combine the cortech set with an sw-motech top rack with a soft luggage adapter to put the tailbag on. The toprack and adapter would be about $200 and if the luggage set is only $150 you would be right at about $350 (probably a tad more due to shipping). You could always upgrade the toprack later with a Givi plate and topbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk