Loss of torque due to aftermarket cans?

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
With the addition of aftermarket cans, does the bike lose low end grunt because of change in backpressure? Enough to notice? This question relates to just muffler replacement and not adding a cat elim pipe or adding a high flow filter.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I put the Two Bro. cans on my FZ6 I noticed the warm up throttle response was different but after the engine was warm really could not 'Butt Dyno" and tell there was a difference. I think if that's all you're doing you're good to go. If you're getting 2Bros. get the P1X tips.

I've posted this in three different threads now! And I went to the Two Bro. Facility yesterday! Maybe I should get a job there!! :rolleyes:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put some Scorpions on my bike and it's all good. No loss of anything. If anything there's increased "umph" when accelerating. Not much, but I can feel it.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I put the Two Bro. cans on my FZ6 I noticed the warm up throttle response was different but after the engine was warm really could not 'Butt Dyno" and tell there was a difference. I think if that's all you're doing you're good to go. If you're getting 2Bros. get the P1X tips.

I've posted this in three different threads now! And I went to the Two Bro. Facility yesterday! Maybe I should get a job there!! :rolleyes:

Your TB's look awesome, BTW! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put some Scorpions on my bike and it's all good. No loss of anything. If anything there's increased "umph" when accelerating. Not much, but I can feel it.

Yeah I wanna here those Scorps! :rockon: We riding the 13th?