Looking for an FZ6 in Chicagoland, Illinois

greencountry

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for an FZ6 in Chicago, IL. Price flexible depending on age/mileage/condition. Please PM me through my profile.

Thanks!
Jay

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if they will have any in the classified section, but you should check out chicagolandsportbikes.com if you have not already.

I bought my used FZ6 from Chicago Cycle Center at 147th & Pulaski...they have a decent selection of used bikes at fair prices.

greencountry

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, but I got as SV650S instead - just what came up first within my price range. (No egg-throwing or flaming please. :) )

greencountry

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. It's an '06, got a pretty good deal, but of the bikes I was looking at it was the most immaculate, lowest miles, and never been dropped. Plus, since I wanted a bike for fuel economy and touring, the SV650 from the reviews I was reading edged out just a tiny bit over the FZ6 (moreso on the fuel economy than the comfort -- that was 50/50).

So here are some pics - and I know not all sportbikers like the touring look, but I like that juicy booty on my bike :D

dscf3967ix8.jpg

dscf4000version2ai7.jpg

dscf3953yl4.jpg

I put a handlebar riser kit on it and SS brake lines. I love it. :cheer:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Very nice, I was actually considering switching to this bike at one point.

We're planning a trip to TN before the season is over, let me know if you're interested. It'll be on the weekend, Leave Friday comeback Sunday.

Here are some pictures from the last trip:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/8387-wisconsin-trip-pictures.html

Congrats on the bike BTW! I will always be jealous over Suzuki's low end torque!

greencountry

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice, I was actually considering switching to this bike at one point.

We're planning a trip to TN before the season is over, let me know if you're interested. It'll be on the weekend, Leave Friday comeback Sunday.

Here are some pictures from the last trip:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/8387-wisconsin-trip-pictures.html

Congrats on the bike BTW! I will always be jealous over Suzuki's low end torque!

Ooo, you've piqued my curiosity. :) I'm game for a trip to TN, if it'd be alright if I stay in cheap hotels -- for med reasons I can't really camp outdoors overnight. Can you PM me the dates you're looking at, and the route?

Yeah I've heard a lot about the SV650's coveted torque. I haven't ridden an inline 4 yet, so I personally don't know the difference, but I can say the torque is plenty for me - I don't really have to rev above 4k for normal driving (unless I'm just having fun :D ).

And no, those aren't stock handlebars, I installed a riser kit that replaced the clip-ons with a naked-style bar. I can't really imagine touring with those clip-ons.