Looking for .22lr pistol

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
If you consider three or four out of ten acceptable, you should reconsider a handgun purchase.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Always like to tell cop horror stories.... Had a guy take 19 rounds of 9mm before he hit the ground. Only stopped because he bled out. Dont think that someone you could have to use it on is going to be sane and not on drugs.

But, you do have to start somewhere. Good luck with the gun show. make sure you get that cc permit. Buddy of mine just got busted because his was expired. Did a night in county.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Just FYI: A 22LR is not considered to be an effective "self-defense" caliber, especially from a short 2" barrel. The reason being, sure it is a lethal caliber but a few rounds from it would probably only piss off a drugged up 200 lb attacker and he wouldn't realize he was dead until he had already killed or dismembered you.

I have my CC permit and the smallest gun I carry is a .380 Ruger LCP but I'd much rather have my Sig .40 or .45 if TSHTF!

22's are excellent to practice with however. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
This will be my first pistol, and I need to see if I like shooting. The SR22 is a cheap way to see if I like it or not. The gun used goes for the new price.:confused:

If I like it, I have dibs on a new .380 Backup pistol for $150. It's a friends gun that's just sitting in his safe.

I can't learn to shoot with a .380, because the $ of ammo.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously someone knows where to get 22s? Because all I see is on cheaper than dirt and CCIs cost 20$ a box. You would be lucky to get your pistol to shoot cheap ammo out of it. Only thing I can buy around here is cheap ass rat shot

That's 20 bullets in a box. That's like .50 AE PRICES.

My .357 runs 40$ for 50

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So we've got an engine oil thread on this forum, now there is a caliber thread. I think I'm going to start Canon-vs-Nikon thread, is-Pluto-a-planet, and, perhaps, Indent-style threads, to complete the list of hotly-debated topics ;)

Personally, I have both PK380 and P22, and love both of them, but if i were to have only one gun, i'd choose my XDM 9mm. I didnt care for mosquito - it didn't feel right, but feel is subjective, so get whatever feels right. I haven't tried SR.
I shot 1911 .22 (dont remember who made it) and it fits well in my hand but a bit too bulky to my taste for the caliber/recoil to be my edc - again, ymmv.
Of revolvers, I tried 317, and I liked it, but I havent tried any other revolver.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously someone knows where to get 22s? Because all I see is on cheaper than dirt and CCIs cost 20$ a box. You would be lucky to get your pistol to shoot cheap ammo out of it. Only thing I can buy around here is cheap ass rat shot

My .357 runs 40$ for 50

I still have a 550 round box of Federal target ammo I got back in the good old days (1996-ish) and it has a price tag on it $15.99. MAN how times have changed, thank you big brother Gov!

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, i miss being able to buy .22 ammo for 1c or maybe 2c per round. Explains why i dont shoot much now.

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
22LR is a fun pistol to target and train with. I love my SR22 and the wife has a lot of fun with her P22. Both function great and will eat pretty much any brand of ammo you feed it. Though if you are going to consider a carry ,as well, you might consider a 9mm. Price wise there are many Glocks, Springfields, and Berettas out there around the same price range. Of course nothing is going to beat the cost effectiveness of 22LR ammo, but 9mm isn't too bad for a day of shooting. Three biggests things to look at when considering your first firearm are; is it comfortable in your hand (does it have good ergonomics for you), do you feel comfortable with the way the safety system works (trigger safety only, trigger/grip safety, thumb safety). Of course the most important safety is the one between your ears, but if you feel there are too many safeties for you to navigate or too few and your scared to carry it then it won't do you any good. Finally, how are you going to carry (IWB, OWB, appendix, SOB, ankle, pocket) so many flavors to choose from and not every gun can accommodate every carry. Happy hunting!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site

My .357 runs 40$ for 50

Try here.:thumbup:
GunBot find 22lr ammo in stock