Looking for 2007+ gauges/cluster/whatever

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Whatever you guys call it, I'm looking for the gauge (speedo/tach/gas gauge etc) with the NEEDLE tach, I think it's 2007 and up but I'm not sure. I'm sick of the digital tach, and I've done some research and think I'm capable of doing the swap.

I have absolutely NO IDEA where to find this. I have done google and product searches for the past week with no luck. How much does something like this normally run? If you have any idea where I can get the stock (only want the stock one) one that I'm looking for, either a used one from a forum member or one from anywhere else on the net, I would greatly appreciate it as obviously I am incapable of finding it on my own :confused:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com

03zq8

Reaction score
Visit site
check here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/31474-fs-crashed-2007-fz6-900-a.html

member with scrapped 07 parting it out....hate to be a bummer, but you may
have more work to do than just popping in a new cluster...the devices on the
other end of all those wires may different (sensors, senders etc.) I may be
wrong but if it were me I'd check it out first before buying a cluster

07+ gauge harness plugs right into the 04-06 harness, and everything works perfectly. I have an 07 cluster on my 04.

I bought mine on eBay last summer. It doesn't fit in the 04-06 fairing though.

Last edited:

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
07+ gauge harness plugs right into the 04-06 harness, and everything works perfectly. I have an 07 cluster on my 04.

I bought mine on eBay last summer. It doesn't fit in the 04-06 fairing though.

How'd you get it in? Did you mount it somewhere else? On a 1 to 10 scale, how difficult is it to get this entire thing done and installed? I don't have a problem with splicing up wires and that stuff, but I don't have the tools or knowledge required to fab up new fairings or anything like that...

herbis

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
07 on works on the 04-06 fine, a lot easier if you get the short harness that goes with it otherwise there are wiring diagrams on this site that will sort you out. if you don't get the small harness you need the 10 pin plug that goes into the back of the speedo (same as r6/fz1) to go with it. gauges sell for $50 to $150 on ebay, good luck.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
As much as I want the gauge I'm not sure if I am qualified enough to work with it. I think I could it hooked up eventually, I'm not a total idiot, but what about actually mounting it on the bike? Is there a bracket I can use, maybe the one from the old one? Will it even fit in the little carved out area from the stock gauge?

I mean, I wonder how complicated it really is. I don't have the tools, money, or skill needed to cut pieces out of the fairing or whatever it's called up there. I hope it fits if I shell out for one, the aftermarket blue backlit one the guy posted before was so, SO awesome, but it's so expensive. I can shell out $50 bucks, maybe even 100 after saving and not eating lunch for a month, but $300 and something is pushing it! :(

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
As much as I want the gauge I'm not sure if I am qualified enough to work with it. I think I could it hooked up eventually, I'm not a total idiot, but what about actually mounting it on the bike? Is there a bracket I can use, maybe the one from the old one? Will it even fit in the little carved out area from the stock gauge?

I mean, I wonder how complicated it really is. I don't have the tools, money, or skill needed to cut pieces out of the fairing or whatever it's called up there. I hope it fits if I shell out for one, the aftermarket blue backlit one the guy posted before was so, SO awesome, but it's so expensive. I can shell out $50 bucks, maybe even 100 after saving and not eating lunch for a month, but $300 and something is pushing it! :(

have faith my fz friend, if I can turn a 100lb block of ice into a penguin in a chefs hat with a chainsaw anything is possible. We'll pull through this challenge together with the help of our fz-amily