Look what was in my backyard after work today

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was parking my bike and the kids came running "Dad,dad ,come here" . They pointed up in the tree and this big old fella was up there ,been there all day apparently .Not unusual to see them around here but they don't usually hang about all day if there are people about .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was parking my bike and the kids came running \"Dad,dad ,come here\" . They pointed up in the tree and this big old fella was up there ,been there all day apparently .Not unusual to see them around here but they don't usually hang about all day if there are people about .

awesome, the kids would be loving it! I have one that visits at least 3 times a week, but normally only at night. Apparently as our drought goes longer, we will see more and more koala's around our way. Makes riding home at night interesting! :thumbup:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You Aussies are so LUCKY, all we get in daggone KY is a frickin squirrel every now and again.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You Aussies are so LUCKY, all we get in daggone KY is a frickin squirrel every now and again.

Just one more reason why they call Australia, the lucky country! Some rain would be nice though, poor Koala's are coming into the Burbs looking for water, and food...not real good really.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO. What you don't see often is always exciting. We don't get squirrels (cute little buggers) or Armadillos. We do get possums and sugar gliders (possums with a membrane running from elbow to knee like a flying suit...lol.) which are a little squirrel like and echidnas (spiny ant eaters) which do the armadillo thing but with sharp spines instead of armour. Moral of the story...lol...Don't under rate your squirrels dudes:thumbup:.:D

As for how big do they get....The ones with sharp teeth like in Oz's avatar have been known to carry off small children:innocent::innocent::liar::liar:Nah Really:eyebrow:::D

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool pic, I would be happy to send you some coyotes that have been waking us up at night.
Need any mountain lions (hear kitty,kitty)or bears? They are getting a bit bold too. Heck I could even throw in a few Rattlesnakes just for fun.
I thought about sending you most of our politicians but that would just be way to cruel but then again you could just give them a one way ticket to your outback!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
CRIKEY......That , Ladie's and Gentleman is what you would call a Drop Bear :D , native to Oz's backyard and looks a lot like his twin brother :thumbup:

Last edited:

Adusanju

Reaction score
Visit site
lmao. What you don't see often is always exciting. We don't get squirrels (cute little buggers) or armadillos. We do get possums and sugar gliders (possums with a membrane running from elbow to knee like a flying suit...lol.) which are a little squirrel like and echidnas (spiny ant eaters) which do the armadillo thing but with sharp spines instead of armour. Moral of the story...lol...don't under rate your squirrels dudes:thumbup:.:d

as for how big do they get....the ones with sharp teeth like in oz's avatar have been known to carry off small children:innocent::innocent::liar::liar:nah really:eyebrow:::d

pmsl :d:d:d

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was parking my bike and the kids came running \"Dad,dad ,come here\" . They pointed up in the tree and this big old fella was up there ,been there all day apparently .Not unusual to see them around here but they don't usually hang about all day if there are people about .

That is too cool Mick! Thanks for sharing!! :thumbup: