Living my dream at last!

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you have seen my posts on Facebook, but I thought I would post it here too. I have started my own business of making stained glass, (§un §himmers by §teph) My goal is to eventually have my own shop to teach and sell supplies and stain glass.

The sportbike design was made by Justin (Jman) over a year ago, but I have just finished it. Here are the things I am making, they are fairly small right now, but I have to get stock to supply the craft store, when I get ahead I will be making full window panes.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And this is my setup. I was so proud of myself for my ingenuity, I thought I was going to spend $100 on a bookshelf to lay on its side to store my glass but I went to a church yard sale and found 2 CD storage towers, bought them both for $2, took the base off, laid them down and it has perfect slots for storing my glass!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! I wanna do that!

That is so cool Steph! Is that actual glass? Is that some kind of cutter/shaper I see on your work area?

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! I wanna do that!

That is so cool Steph! Is that actual glass? Is that some kind of cutter/shaper I see on your work area?

What you see on the table is a diamond bit grinder. Yes, it is actual glass. You can see the big sheets of it under the table.
I have to use a glass cutter first for a very rough version of each pattern piece, then use the grinder to fine tune the pieces, then foil it and solder it.
The sportbike alone took me 11.5 hours from start to finish and the others take about 4-5.
If you are seriously interested in trying it, any store that sells stained glass supplies has classes, you could take one of those to learn and use their supplies to find out if it is something you would be interested in before you invest in your own.

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
That's really cool Steph! Let us know when you have a web site up so we can check out more of your work.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics, Steph. The sportbike looks great. :thumbup: I have to say, the wife and I really like the dragonfly and the purple flower design alot! Good luck with the sales!!!:Flash:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back, was just thinking yesterday that I haven’t seen a post from “Steph” in ages. Good luck with your new endeavor.

FZ6-ZN

Oh, I'm around...I pop in here almost everyday to read up on what everyone is doing. I just don't post much anymore because without a bike, I don't feel like I have much to add =)