Liscense or No?

What order did(will) you complete it in?

• Total voters

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Not I, I got my motorcycle a few weeks or so after I got my license. My friend bought his R6 the same day he took the MSF BRC...so he had his permit but not his license. My g/f got her bike before she even had her permit!

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my permit, then my jacket and boots, then gloves, then license and a few hours later my bike, and then helmet... all over the place basically.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was on my third street bike before I got my license. The first two were on permits back when Maine used to issue a 6 month permit. Got me through two seasons.

Third bike, I had a 30 day permit and got my license on the 29th day of it. Finally legal... :D

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Here in Denmark there's not really an option, - you get your licence before you get your bike.
You are 90% sure to be pulled over by the police every so often, - just checking your licence, and it's not in any way legal to drive without one.

EDIT: Ohh ja,- I picked up the bike from the Dealer 30 minutes after I got my licence :)

Last edited:

06KDX'R

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike, then one week later the license. At the age of 15. In TN you could (can?) get the M endorsement for a 650cc or smaller at 15 years of age.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: License or No?

Well we don't have permits here, so for me it went like this: Scheduled for MSF course, bought bike, took MSF course, turned in MSF card for license. Didn't ride the bike till I got the license though.

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats that permit.. ?
Here we can buy bike whenever we want, need a license to run it.. Permit for what?

Last edited:

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I started riding before a permit or endorsement were needed. SO, for me it was bike, another bike, then another bike, etc. until I was required to have an endorsement. I took the written test in the morning and the driving portion that afternoon.

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in metro Detroit, speed limits are enforced around our main airport. About a week ago, I saw two sport bikes being loaded onto flatbeds on the shoulder of I-94. I figure they were popped for speeding, then it was discovered they didn't have cycle endorsements. It will no doubt be an expensive lesson, but hopefully one that will help them avoid a bigger problem down the road.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
No such thing as a permit for bikes back when I was young in Ohio. I had several dirt bikes before I took the test & got the MC stamp on my license. Road bikes started a year or so later.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my bike then after a few months of riding on my International bike License. I took the MSF and did the computer test taking the waiver of the riding test and got my License endorded with the 'M'.

effingham brian

Reaction score
Visit site
state of illinois. permit acquired in 4/09. bike bought 5/12/09. left at yamaha dealer. Dealer let me borrow their 151cc scooter to take to DMV for class M license 5/14. (thanks Mason's Yamaha !) BRC course 5/14-5/17/09. bike ridden home from dealer 5/18/09 !!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a MC endorsement with DL years ago and let my license expire. When I went to retest and they asked me if I still want the MC endorsement I didn't think I would be riding MC any time soon so said no. So got this bike, the permit, passed the riding test.