License plate fender delete?

JSMITH18

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a FZ6 2006 I ordered a tinted blinkers, and tinted taillight with signals in it. And I want to clean up the rear by just having the plate under the exhaust, any ideas? Thanks, Jarin

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Do a search on Fender Eliminators there are some good ones out there but they will cost you around $100.00.I went with a cheap one off of Ebay shipped to my door for $25.00 it doesn't look to bad I would have liked it a bit higher in under the pipes but it will do for now and looks a hell of alot better then the stock MONSTER back fender.Took a little plying and tweeking to fit but not bad, and also could use the factory signal lights.Heres a few pic's of how it looks.Good luck:thumbup:

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are somewhat handy (and what that I mean you know how to hold a hammer, not advanced skills stuff), you easily make it yourself. After looking for one for some time and being a little disappointed about the price I made mine out of some left-over steel I had at home.

I don't have my bike around for the moment to show some pictures but thanks to my highly developed paint skills you get an idea of what I did.
- A: this is where the fender is connected to the bike. I think it was 110 mm wide, but measure it as I am not quite sure anymore.
- B: drill holes to attach your plate. I have a European plate which is quite big, so you should measure it too. I made the width of the fender equal to the width of my plate, so the turn signals are very close to the plate (instead of sticking out 3 metres as on the original one).
- C: drill holes to attach your turn signals. I kept the original ones, but any other will fit too.

This whole process took me only a couple of hours (and I am not a handy guy at all) and most of the time was it just my fault being inaccurate with measuring. More important, it costed me nothing. I have ridden a couple of times since then and the construction holds well, even at bumpy roads or long highway speeds.

Hope you can use it, good luck :thumbup:

Rearfender_zps6dea9742.jpg

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Do a search on Fender Eliminators there are some good ones out there but they will cost you around $100.00.I went with a cheap one off of Ebay shipped to my door for $25.00 it doesn't look to bad I would have liked it a bit higher in under the pipes but it will do for now and looks a hell of alot better then the stock MONSTER back fender.Took a little plying and tweeking to fit but not bad, and also could use the factory signal lights.Heres a few pic's of how it looks.Good luck:thumbup:

I got one like this from Amazon but it was chrome. The only reason I got a chrome one was because it was cheaper than the black one. :don'tknow: I got it for $10 and it bolted right up. I had been watching them for a few months so when it dropped in price I jumped on it.

JSMITH18

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to change the subject. And thanks for all the help. I just found some cheap exhaust for 07-08 r1. Any idea if it'd fit my 06 fz6? Thanks in advance