Laugh with me...

Thanks for all the replies.

I'll look into tank bags as well. Not sold on the look yet, but the idea intrigues me.

Also sketching what I can do with the vinyl, bam. Maybe start somethig from the front of the tank about as wide the gas gap, go around it, and then slide down along the natural lines in te tank to cover the thigh area. Whig would just leave the wide parts of the tank blue and exposed.

FAZR6: '09? :)

I appreciate the moral support through these tough times! Weather has been horrible here for April so I've jus had to stare at in the garage, which makes it worse.

Scorp

P.S. Said it before, but I love this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! in the picture that looks exactly like 06,07 blue and every other "yamaha blue" ever made. After you said that I looked on colorite website and damn if they didn't make a slightly different color for 09. Why the F... would they do that?

Have you ever had your blue 09 beside a blue 06 or 07? Just wondering how different the color is.

Wow! in the picture that looks exactly like 06,07 blue and every other "yamaha blue" ever made. After you said that I looked on colorite website and damn if they didn't make a slightly different color for 09. Why the F... would they do that?

Have you ever had your blue 09 beside a blue 06 or 07? Just wondering how different the color is.

Yeah, I ha mine next to an 07 at te shop once. 09 is definitely more purplish and dark. Pretty noticeable :(

The worst is that almost all of the blue accessories you can get for bikes is a much better match for the earlier blue than the 09.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the earlier blue is "classic" yamaha blue. Same as the R6, R1, even the moto cross and ATV's. There are like 5 or 6 vehicles total that use that 09 blue and none are even sportbikes. Well, at least it is a nice looking color. There are some colors that make us scratch our heads.

Motorcycle Yamaha
2011 V-Star 950 5819
Motorcycle Yamaha
2011 Royal Star Venture S 5819
Motorcycle Yamaha
2010 Roadliner S 5819
Motorcycle Yamaha
2010 Raider S 5819
Motorcycle Yamaha
2010 V-Star 650 Classic 5819
Motorcycle Yamaha
2009 FZ6 5819
Motorcycle Yamaha
2009 TMAX (Scooter)

Under the OP's "harass & belittle" invite...In truth hope all goes well with the repairs:thumbup:

I feel your pain, I don't know how many times I've tried to do some small repair by myself and end up with that fatal "oops" that ends up costing me more than the repair did. Like the bolt that I just wanted to make sure it was tight.. *Snap*

Back