Last oil filter?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like a good design, LOVE the nut on it as part of the housing so it is just simple sockets to take it off. it IS pricy, but having it forever is appealing. Then when you sell the bike just put a cheap filter back on it and bring this with you in case it fits on the next bike.

Good find...

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Seen them, no thanks. For the same price, you can buy 20-25 regular oil filters (which will last you 80,000-100,000 miles), don't require messy cleaning, don't have to worry about messing up o-rings and buying more, just don't have to deal with the hassle.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't be normally bothered as mentioned above, however, the FZ6 gave me a hard time every single time I tried to remove the filter. I had no space to work.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
Seen them, no thanks. For the same price, you can buy 20-25 regular oil filters (which will last you 80,000-100,000 miles), don't require messy cleaning, don't have to worry about messing up o-rings and buying more, just don't have to deal with the hassle.

please tell me where u can get 20 oil filters for $100 US for our bike

it is just over $22 US for 1

might buy a few then if u can get them for $5 US

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site

Well, you probably couldn't get 20 good ones for $100 but PureOne's are about $6 so you could get ~16 of those or Mobile1's are about $10 so you could get 10 of those. For the convenience of just tossing out the old filter and spinning a new one on, ill stick with regular filters. The added time and mess to doing an oil change wouldn't be worth it IMHO.

C

CombatPenguin

The walmart filters are just under three dollars, and I've been using them for 12k miles with no problems. I just sent off an oil sample so we will see how the bike is doing for sure. It would be nice to have that nut on the filter but I've gotten used to get the other ones off so it's no big deal now.

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site

LOL. You pay $22 for an oil filter? These things take the same filter as most Honda cars. I just drop by the dealer (where they are only ~$4.75 each) or the local auto parts store where they are closer to $4 each.

I also take about 5 minutes the day before the oil change to sand the blue filter and paint it black...

Also, check around. Found a special going on, 3qts Honda HP4 10w40 oil and a Honda MC filter for $15... Will be using that for my next oil change, all fits the same.

Last edited:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site

Jebus! I knew things could be expensive in Australia, but that's ridiculous. I think I paid $2.50 US for the last filters I bought at Wal-Mart. Exact same filter that my last Nissan used. It's a really common size. You shouldn't have any problems finding them.