just got Tomok mirrors (knock-offs :D )

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
My mirrors just arrived today, and I made some time to install them on the bike. I got them from the guys that sell those levers on ebay. They also have a website and I found the mirrors for 69.99$ with free shipping! Took about 2 weeks for delivery but they arrived in perfect shape. There are included 2 types of bolts (different thickness) and there are 3 of each shape, 2 normal and 1 reverse. The only problem was that the bolts were a bit longer than required so I had to trim them down a bit. The rest of the process was simple. Thou I have to mention that one of the tools included snapped at first use but I had a better one in my kit anyway :) The body of the mirror si aluminium, you have adjustment points so you can set it up the way you like it. I like the detail, very well cnc machined. No dents, or scratches, mirrors are clean and have a blue tint.
I attached some photos of the package and some of the bike, I will try to make better ones with the camera, as these were made with the phone.
They look awesome, I can see in the back no problem but I don't know anything about vibration. Hope it will be ok.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with Erci.

Actually I was considering those when I took the plunge to change my silver stock mirrors (right one was in pretty bad shape after a little crash), almost bought them, but I got a pretty good deal thanks to my brother in law (he works at the national yamaha subsidiary) so I got the black ones that come stock on the FZ1 naked.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot to mention that there is no vibration at all. It takes a bit to find the right angle, less sky but you see what's important no problems!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great! I have been holding out for some radial naked Rizomas to go on mega-sale, but I might have to pick up the dynamic mirrors from those guys. I was worried about vibration with knock-off mirrors but for 64 bucks I might have to give it a shot. I am glad they are aluminum, I had some cheap mirrors before that were plastic and were way too light, vibrated like crazy.

fab4272

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you mount these mirrors? I have stock levers (went from FZ6S to naked) and can't see how they would mount to my levers.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like you have to get the mounting points from a naked version. I attached 2 pictures for each side that shows where they should be. I used pjaco's pictures for the example, hope he doesn't mind :)

As well I have to say that I got used to the mirrors, but from a safety point of view I must add that you might not want to change to these mirrors. You see less then with stock mirrors, and it is a mod purely for looks, it does make me more anxious and not that relaxed when checking the mirrors since I know that I have a bigger blind spot with them. A whole Audi Q7 fits in that place as I have found out :eek: So really I cannot recommend this mod to anyone as it increases the danger of riding in normal conditions. I may as well think of changing them if it becomes too frustrating. But they look damn cool! :rockon:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
If you go from S to naked there are two options for bar-mounted mirrors. You can get clamps that go around the bars that are threaded for mirrors (something like this), or you can buy a clutch perch from a naked FZ for the left mount and tap the boss on your brake master cylinder for your right mount.

Keep in mind that Yamaha uses a reverse thread on one side so if you want to put Yamaha mirrors on you will need to use a mount with matching threads.

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance these would fit on a faired FZ? I currently have a factory FZ and hate the factory mirrors

Last edited:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance these would fit on a faired FZ? I currently have a factory FZ and hate the factory mirrors

They should, seeing as they just fit onto the handle bars, the fairing shouldn't get in the way. Don't know what you'd do about the gaping holes where the old mirrors would be though.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found these on E-Bay for $ 59,97
eBay - CNC Tomok Rear Side Mirrors Yamaha
Free shipping worldwide... :cheer:
I ordered them for a few days ago and hopefully will get them within a few weeks...
Love the look of them but I don't like the blue glass. I bought a pair of mirors with blue glass before and ending up selling them on - found it off putting....

But those mirrors with standard glass - I would love :)