Just got my first ever bike, FZ6 of course

crabbypants

Reaction score
Visit site
2006 victory hammer, rode it for 5 years. Time for something new

0cb9cd02-e0c1-6a62.jpg

Wow, that's a change, I was really in the air between a cruiser and a sportier bike. Being that it is my first bike, I didn't have much basis of comparison.

What things have you noticed the most being different?

Shockwave

Reaction score
Visit site
There is no comparison that the fz is easier to ride. It is 10 times more nimble. I had zero experience on a bike when I bought the vic but I did grow into it.

The victory had lots of torque and loud ass pipes. In 5 years I never had it over 110 but I hit 100 often. Definitely a more relaxed cruise.

So far it feels like I'm just darting around on the fz. It is a lot faster and more fun to ride but Its a different kind of ride. Probably more fun because it's 4 days old.

If I could I would have one of each and ride which ever one suits my mood. Unfortunatly my wife did not agree with that idea.

My wife would choose riding on the back of the victory hands down.

All in all I paid 13500 for the victory when it was a year old and I got the fz6 at a steal from a friend for 2500.

humm

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a FZ6 last week, new rider here...

saw you are from bloomington, I am in eden prairie.

We should ride sometime. I have a permit but am taking the class next weekend. So far just ridden around backroads and parking lots haven't gone above 8k yet but can tell it is beast in the higher RPM range.

my first bike was a aprilia rs50 at 17... i only had it for a few weeks so I am not too experienced either

crabbypants

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a FZ6 last week, new rider here...

saw you are from bloomington, I am in eden prairie.

We should ride sometime. I have a permit but am taking the class next weekend. So far just ridden around backroads and parking lots haven't gone above 8k yet but can tell it is beast in the higher RPM range.

my first bike was a aprilia rs50 at 17... i only had it for a few weeks so I am not too experienced either

Awesome! Welcome! What year and color? Any mods done to it?

darkLeo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, can you tell me what frame sliders you have on it? and pix if possible? looking to install some. thanks!

crabbypants

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, can you tell me what frame sliders you have on it? and pix if possible? looking to install some. thanks!

Honestly I couldn't tell you what ones they are. It came with the bike when I got it from the previous owner. I haven't really bothered with looking into it because I figure they are better than nothing.

Do a quick search on the site for "frame sliders" and i'm sure you could find some good information.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your first bike. (You bought a great model of bike for your first one) Safe riding!

humm

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Welcome! What year and color? Any mods done to it?

2006 black, with frame sliders, K&N filter, and a racing exhaust.

It might have more mods I do not know about since I bought it used.

How are you enjoying it? The weather seems to finally of got nice...
I am thinking of taking a ride down to welch village I heard there are nice roads down there.

I have my MSF this weekend though so maybe next?

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Great helmet, and especially in MN, get some gloves if you havent. bugs hurt the hands at 70-80mph, and chilly mornings make it worse

+1 and sliding on asphalt at 70-80 mph with no (real) gloves hurts much worse. Riding pants is a good idea...I generally commute in just jeans as I only have a 10 min commute on familiar backroads but wear riding pants anywhere else. Jeans won't do much to prevent road rash when you go down (and everyone goes down at some point if they ride enough miles!)