Just got a killer deal on an SV1000s

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a 2003 SV1000S, (the S means naked) for 2300 bucks! Mint condition, totally stock, 3400 miles. I don't know what I am going to do with 2 bikes, sell one probably... I have to see how I like the 1000 and see what one goes. Funny though, not long ago at all I was talking about getting a bigger bike. Pics soon.

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
It seem like you got a good deal. :rockon:
I love the SV. :cheer: I had a 650S before the FZ.

The cost of insurance is keeping me away from 1000's :(

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
It seem like you got a good deal. :rockon:
I love the SV. :cheer: I had a 650S before the FZ.

The cost of insurance is keeping me away from 1000's :(

Yeah I haven't called yet to get a price, that could be the determining factor on what one to keep. I just couldn't pass up on this.

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a good pic, but it's all I have right now. That's the FZ in the background!

Congratulations, I've actually had my eyes on this particular model year and color, I've read good reviews. Post some more pics if you can, also a vid if it's not to much to ask for ;). I've seen them here in L.A. going between
$2500-$3500 depending on the mileage.

:thumbup:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned two of these and a 650 as well. Awesome bike. Make sure you do the TPS adjustment, PAIR removal, drop the forks 10mm and go up 2 teeth on the rear. Then you'll be laughing :)

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I've only riden a V-twin once (Duc 1000s) and it was nice experience. Rougher and more fun (at least in the city) than any I4 I have ridden. Good choice and something different in case you decide to keep both :)

yamahaha

that guy is fast
Reaction score
Visit site
i thought the s meant sport. i had a 650s and it was fully faired w/ the not streetfighter headlight set up

Bosgarage57

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! Does it have a clear title? She is a pretty bike. I WISH I could find one for that price around my town I would jump on it, then give the FZ to the GF to ride.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, beautiful bike... ugly color. I was looking for one of these before I decided on the Fiz. Awesome torque, wonderful machine... it's a shame they quit making them.

:rockon:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
funny about the picture you posted, it appears that the fizzer is creeping in from behind to do a drop kick on the competition.:D

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
i thought the s meant sport. i had a 650s and it was fully faired w/ the not streetfighter headlight set up

Hm then I don't know. It has a belly pan but I don't know if its aftermarket. Clear title, the guy just didn't want to ride anymore I guess and was moving, good for me. I called about insurance today, would you believe its ONLY 3 dollars more a year than the FZ!??! Yes, THREE. And I don't pay much for insurance at all, with BOTH bikes insured its 254.00 a year. Wow. Might keep em.

PS. Liability insurance.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet.. Ive always liked the Sv1000S.. And thats an awesome price!
Only 300 more than I paid for my 06 Fz :)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To clear confusion, the SV1000 is the full naked, the SV1000S is the half faired. There is no full faired except a limited run in the UK, the SV1000R.

Bosgarage57

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, Nice find guy! Eh might as well keep it just incase the FZ is getting maintanenced (sp?) or something. I think she is beautiful, like the color. I am very jelous.