Just curious...need opinions

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not...I repeat, AM NOT, looking to sell my FZ6, but I thought it might be fun to get an idea of what members here thought would be a good asking price for it. I know what the book is (trade-in and retail), but I'm also wondering how much some of the mods might affect the value.

Here's what I've got:

2006 FZ6 (blue)
10,035 miles
R6 Fork Mod (with R6 calipers and spacer kit) completed
Givi V46 topcase and FZ351 topcase rack
Puig dark smoke racing windscreen
Puig blue framesliders
Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat
Yamaha OEM color-matched bellypan
Dual headlight mod completed
FAZR6 FE kit completed
Bridgestone BT-016 tires (brand new this spring...200 miles on them)

As I said, this is only to get an idea of what might be a good price on my bike. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING IT OR ANY OF THE MODS LISTED ABOVE. :rockon:

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry...forgot to mention that it's never been down and never been dropped.

Last edited:

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not...I repeat, AM NOT, looking to sell my FZ6, but I thought it might be fun to get an idea of what members here thought would be a good asking price for it. I know what the book is (trade-in and retail), but I'm also wondering how much some of the mods might affect the value.

Here's what I've got:

2006 FZ6 (blue)
10,035 miles
R6 Fork Mod (with R6 calipers and spacer kit) completed
Givi V46 topcase and FZ351 topcase rack
Puig dark smoke racing windscreen
Puig blue framesliders
Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat
Yamaha OEM color-matched bellypan
Dual headlight mod completed
FAZR6 FE kit completed
Bridgestone BT-016 tires (brand new this spring...200 miles on them)

As I said, this is only to get an idea of what might be a good price on my bike. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING IT OR ANY OF THE MODS LISTED ABOVE. :rockon:

Thanks!

I would be say abt $5k...nothing more..bcoz of recession..cars/bikes are sold a little cheaper than what they really are of the value. Unfortunately mods doesnt add much of a value to the second owner(my personal view) If this is a new guy who is just getting into the world or motorcycling..he would be more concerned abt wanting a reliable rocket..he would be least bothered abt the mods..
Final would be $5k...
Last but not the least..im happy u r NOT selling it...bcoz it does have tonnes of nice mods..and it would be sad if u r selling it.
KB

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, ha, McLovin...I know I'm going to get a TON of responses from people that just scan over the post and don't actually read it. I should just get myself ready now, huh? LOL. :rolleyes:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't expect to get anything for the mods, so either part them out should you decide to sell it (dibs on the GIVI case/rack :)) or price it similarly to a stock FZ6 in your area if you don't want the hassle. Here in Ontario where bikes are stupidly overpriced, I would say you'd probably expect $4500-$5000US, the $5000 being if someone actually valued the mods. From what I have seen of US ads, you're probably looking at about $4000-$4500. Prices vary depending on location though, check on your local Craigslist and Trader and see what the bike is going for. Keep your expectations reasonable though as there are plenty of dreamers out there that think their bikes are still worth close to new.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking somewhere between $4-5000. I'm definitely not expecting to get over 5 grand, and that would probably only be from someone that was dying for that exact bike and knew the trouble that was saved from having the mods already done.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll get the $5k if you put it back to stock, sell the bike for about $4k to $4,400 and sell the aftermarket parts separately. Or, you might score a sale with an FZ6 enthusist who sees the value and knows that this is all-the-less mods he'd have to do and buy it as is for about $5k.

So, the fact that you're curious must mean there is SOME new ride out there that has you even more curious? ;) :D

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i had to do it since you made it so clear that its not for sale, but yeah youll still get serious ones be ready :D

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
McLovin, I thought about that after I'd posted it...lol. Guess it comes with the territory!

FZ6inNH, I think you've got a great point there. I probably would garner more by parting out the mods.

Oh, and yeah, you got me. I SERIOUSLY doubt this will happen, because I'm a total nut about my FZ6 and don't really want to part with it. It's just that I've fallen in (temporary) lust for another woman. Don't worry...it's only a passing thing...but I saw this beauty a couple of weeks ago at the Ducati dealership in Louisville and she made my heart skip a beat. Of course, then I went out and rode my FZ all afternoon through the twisties with friends and reminded myself how good I have it at home already!

Here she is...2009 Triumph Street Triple R...Matte Graphite and Yellow...whew...

2009-triumph-street-triple-r-2.jpg

09_TST-R_Graphite_pitlane_9.jpg

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Stay away from that little Triumph Slut! She's already got you think immoral thoughts. Go out polish your 6 and perhaps she will take you back.:spank:

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
The mods that replaced stock parts won't give you much of any value unless you find an FZ6 enthusiast like someone previously mentioned. The add-ons like the cases might get you a few bucks extra though.

Your best bet might be to replace the expensive stuff back to stock, and sell them seperate. Especially the corbin seat.

Things like the low mileage tires will just help you sell the bike easier, but not give too much extra value.