Thinking about another bike

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, the '07 FZ6 has been fun, but I'm 51 and want to try several bikes before I'm too old to ride (and that's only about 20 years off, if that). My only regret is that I waited far too long to start this terrific hobby.

Anyway, I've ridden my FZ6 20K miles now have have really not done anything to it. The bike is used almost daily. It has never been abused, dropped, done a burnout or had the front wheel off the ground.

Tires and brakes:

I changed the tires last summer at 13K and the mechanic said that brakes were fine (as far as I can see, there is still plenty of pad left. I commute 90 miles (90% freeway) to work daily and have taken a couple of really long road trips so I really don't do much damage to, "wear" parts.

Plugs:

Yep, they do last 20K miles. My guess is that the bike might perform better with a new set, but I can't notice any issues at this time.

Valves:

Nope, not this either. Again, the mechanic said don't worry about this at 13K - perhaps they should be looked at now.

Coolant - original

Oil and filter:

Have changed about every 3-4K Miles.

Battery:

Pull it every Winter and let it vacation on the basement shelf. It works like new at this time.

Would you folks recommend I spend any money of maintenance now? This could cost up to $400 if I do valves and brakes and I'm not sure I'd get any of it back.

My thought is to list a bit lower (and take what the bike is worth less the estimated maintenance cost above) and of coarse, be totally honest if buyers ask about maintenance.

That said, at what price what would you recommend I list the bike? Again, it looks almost new. Only mods are frame sliders, fender eliminator and Puig screen.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, the '07 FZ6 has been fun, but I'm 51 and want to try several bikes before I'm too old to ride (and that's only about 20 years off, if that). My only regret is that I waited far too long to start this terrific hobby.
I know a GS rider who's 80 years old.
This is his bike:
medium.jpg

This is what he says:
"You don't stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding!"

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't change a thing. Like you said, you would never get anything back for it. KBB is about $3800. List it for that with the understanding that you most likely will not get it. I have noticed a lot of bikes selling for well below book because people just aren't buying with current economy....especially for those that are buying it as a "luxury" purchase. If you get the person who has long communte and wants to save on gas, you might get lucky.

I'm considering selling mine as well ('07) and I have some nice add-ons like my Two-Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust....I have had an offer just for the exhaust, so I may sell that, put the factory exhaust back on and still get about the same for the bike.

Good Luck....what are you looking to buy?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I know a GS rider who's 80 years old.
This is his bike:
medium.jpg

This is what he says:
"You don't stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding!"

You got that right!!!! Almost 66 and still plan on riding until I can't swing a leg over the seat:thumbup::D
Know what you mean about trying new bikes, I seem to put about 20K on and then start looking for something different. Just got a Triumph Tiger 800 and even tho it doesn't handle quite as good as the FZ it is just as much fun to ride. Go for it and have fun:thumbup:

Jerry

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride everything you can! I went into the Kawi shop yesterday for grip glue and ALMOST walked out with an 08 Concourse (holdover) for 8999! Im just having too much fun with the FZ!