Just bought my FZ6

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a killer deal of a FZ6 as of 8 hours ago. I haven't ridden it more than three blocks because the area around my house is swarming with cops at night, but I already love it.

The story goes that I was actually in the market for a VFR800 and was pretty dead set on buying a 2004 one at a local dealer for $5500 in great condition. I had to truck my old bike (98 Honda Shadow ACE) up to Birmingham to deliver it to a guy who bought it on ebay and figured that since I was in the area, I'd just go talk to this guy who had the 'like new' FZ6 for sale for $5000.

The guy was selling it because he had too much money and too many toys and not enough space. Pretty much everything in his house was antique furniture and he bought the bike so he could travel back and forth from his airplane hangar, but he was getting too old for sporty bikes so he bought a Burgman and just never rode the bike any more.

I had JUST sold my bike and had $3900 in my wallet and $300 in the bank. He asks me if I wanted it and I said, "Yeah, but I can only offer $4500 at the moment. I haven't talked to a credit union or anything."

He wrings his hands a bit, then says, "The least I can go is $4600."

SOLD. Even if I have to eat ramen for the rest of the month to repay my dad who paid the difference.

Recap:
I bought an 07 FZ6 in absolute brand new condition and just broken in with a meager *800 miles* on it for a whopping $4600. He bought it last year, but they didn't have an 08 in Yamaha Blue.

Last edited:

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
These are the pictures off of the ebay listing, I haven't had a chance to take my own.

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

bike7.jpg

bike8.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that is an amazing deal! strange that the guy with too much money came back and asked for another $100... but as long as you got that deal who cares!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i know right.. really sweet deal.. nice of the guy to drop the price a bit..

oh and definitly take more pictures :) ride safe

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Excellent deal! It looks pretty much showroom condition! That was 800 miles of puttering. You know he never revved it cause the headers aren't even slightly discolored.

Well done!!! That's a steal! :thumbup:

ageezee

Reaction score
Visit site
thats a pretty sweet deal, I just bought an 07 for $4000 a week ago but it had 2500 miles on it. At least it was the faster red color :).

S

somedayrider

dange anyone see the temperature on that thing 104 degrees dange it averages 80-90 in the summer not no 104:eek:

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
dange anyone see the temperature on that thing 104 degrees dange it averages 80-90 in the summer not no 104:eek:

Where do you live?

It's about 70-80 degrees here lately so I've seen 94ish riding around. I don't know when those pictures were taken but I'm sure it had been sitting still and running for a little while for those temps.

S

somedayrider

indiana ..... but its raining right now this weekend is supposed to be 80 (finaly!!!!!)

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

thinking thats the bikes temp not outside temp. you can switch between them on the 07+ believe it goes from dashes to numerical around 100..... never paid that close attention

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Awesome deal:thumbup: But still cant beat me..I bought mine 07 Piece pristine condition with 700 miles for $4250 with tax:rockon:
Hey either way, This is a great bike. Dont forget to get its first service done immediately. That bike looks as if its just out of the showroom.
Congrats once again.
RIDE SAFE!!!

KB