Joined another forum

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I joined a local forum to get hooked up with other riders who can help me with maintenance and can also get me killer discounts such as the Dyno's for the PC3's from the people who make them here in Las Vegas.

Anyway, there is a social gatherering every Tuesday night and I came across this. I have never seen one and never thought it was even possible to get one for a bike.

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
I never would have believed they would offer those either. I mean, how handicapped can you be if you're riding a bike?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean the handicapped symbol on the license plate? I've never seen that either. Of course, most of the riders here in SoCal sure have this...

Yeah, the handicapped plate. Never seen one on a motorcycle. If you look at the 2nd pic, you can see he actually parked in the handicapped parking space. None of the other riders, including myself didn't have the guts to occupy the extra space in his slot. Would make an interesting citation. It's not like there is enough room for a cager to park in the same spot as the bike, so what harm is another bike parking in the same spot, as long as the other bike has the proper tag.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have seen handicapped plates on bikes before but it is usually on trikes. I think that is awesome that they found a way to ride through their handicap.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad has them on his harleys. Just because you're old and crippled doesn't mean you can't still ride :)

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Soviet has hit the nail on the head.

Just because you are classed as handicapped, it doesn't mean you have to be confined to a wheelchair.

My mother-in-law has a disabled parking permit... Her knees are dodgy, but she can still walk.
A heart condition can warrant disabled parking permits over here, if I had a heart condition, I'd still want to ride (just not the twisties... :rof: )

:)

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine lost his right foot in a sidecar racing accident, yet he rides all manner of bikes and designs custom choppers. All he has to do is fit linked brakes to any bike he wants to ride and he's away :)

And yes, he's got a disabled sticker for all his bikes too... free parking everywhere he goes!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
there is a pro motorcycle drag racer (can't remeber his name) who is missing one or both of his legs and two years ago at stuntwars there was a guy with no legs doing handstands on the tank of his quad :eek:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Aren't all Harleys supposed to have handicapped plates???

j/k LOL :spank:

That's good.

Anyway, I only posted the pic because I have never come across one for a motorcycle, and to see a motorcycle actually occupying a handicapped parking spot was a first for me.

Now I want to know, would another bike be cited if it shared the same spot with another bike that had a disable tag? It's not like car with another disable tag would be able to occupy or share the same spot. And in the unlikely event that another motorcycle showed up with a disable tag, there would still be room to park.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
That's good.

Anyway, I only posted the pic because I have never come across one for a motorcycle, and to see a motorcycle actually occupying a handicapped parking spot was a first for me.

Now I want to know, would another bike be cited if it shared the same spot with another bike that had a disable tag? It's not like car with another disable tag would be able to occupy or share the same spot. And in the unlikely event that another motorcycle showed up with a disable tag, there would still be room to park.

I guess it depends what mood the cop who sees it is in ;)
Or if anyone's lame enough to call the police about it.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
That's good.

asked a couple of my cop friends up here in reno, they all said the same thing...."like i have ^$&*ing time to write a stupid ticket like that". I think the short answer is no you wouldn't get cited unless it was by some poindexter security guard on private property, however it would be technically illegal. my other bet would be that any judge with half a head on his shoulders would drop it anyways. Better be riding with the handicapper though, cuz if he pulls out before you get back to your bike then you look like a royal A-hole.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in South Africa there is a guy who has lost both his legs, he rides an R1 that has retractable "training wheels" at the back. He shifts with buttons on the left bar, and the rear brake pedal is strapped so that he doesn't hit it by accident with his prosthetic leg. There is a cylinder under the seat between the silencers that operates the balancer wheels.

He even does track days with it!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in South Africa there is a guy who has lost both his legs, he rides an R1 that has retractable "training wheels" at the back. He shifts with buttons on the left bar, and the rear brake pedal is strapped so that he doesn't hit it by accident with his prosthetic leg. There is a cylinder under the seat between the silencers that operates the balancer wheels.

He even does track days with it!

Would love to see pics or vid of that !