i've got an exhaust idea??

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm kinda curious if the frames and every thing else is the same as the fz6r??

i'm just thinking 750 for a slip on or 800 or so for a complete 2 brothers for the fz6r. i love the look of the undertail exhaust but kinda want a different look as well

what do you think???

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, the R and the 6 are two totally different beasts. But, I have seen people put the shorty cans under the bike by welding on a side pipe at the collector then the short can out the side and either behind the footpag aimed out, or, a pipe that brings it out and up like the FZ1. Go for it!

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
thanx well i've got another idea about fitting an r6 header then just build an intermediate pipe to a gp style slip on. a friend has a r6 gtyr slip on he ordered and decided to go with the graves instead

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be awesome... unique FZ6.

What would you then do with the tail section to fill the void? Curious. :D

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
move the plate and turnsignals, and i was thinking of taking out the heatsheilds under the seat and making a little storage box then maybe have a place to atleast take a bottle of pop with me so i can leave the tank bag at home on short trips

and i looked at it and i think i can unbolt the cat and make a new pipe that would clam on in the same spot and be able to keep the center stand and not have to move the O2 sensor

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
move the plate and turnsignals, and i was thinking of taking out the heatsheilds under the seat and making a little storage box then maybe have a place to atleast take a bottle of pop with me so i can leave the tank bag at home on short trips

and i looked at it and i think i can unbolt the cat and make a new pipe that would clam on in the same spot and be able to keep the center stand and not have to move the O2 sensor
Storage under the seat would be an excellent idea! I hate having to carry all the extra stuff I regard as essentials for riding in my tank bag.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm thinking of just using the factory header then having a pipe made to fit where the cat bolts on but worried about the exhaust flow having basically 2 90 degree bendsthat close but can't be as restrictive as the factory cat and muffler, plus this way i can keep the factory O2 sensor location

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Git R' Dun! :D Let's see that transformation... love another unique FZ6 project. :thumbup:

07FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have wnated to do this exact mod!!

So get it done so I can see how it looks!

The newer r6's also use a cool little shorty muff too.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to see this mod done, too. It does sound like a very interesting idea.:thumbup:

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm trying to find a shop to make the new pipe i can do the mounting. the big thing is i want to reduce weight, but want to keep the center stand, i use it too much. but looks like there should be room for it. if i can find one to build the pipe who would be interested in buying one, that could be a little leverage for them to make a few