Is your FZ6 Perfect?

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine just needs to be washed. Other than that it is perfect. Of course I have only had it three weeks! No damage yet even though my wife and son have also ridden it. :ban:

krushchev

Toe Tapper
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been down twice on my bike. First time was on July 4th, 2004. Going too fast and overcooked a turn. Decided to do a little offroading, but the bike would have none of that. I wound up replacing most of the plastic on the bike.

Second time was last October. It had just started to rain... Replaced the main part of the upper fairing. I have frame sliders and Givi hard bags, so they took the brunt of the force.

creekbed

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed a small dent where your crotch meets the tank today, and have no clue as to how it got there. Doing a search I noticed that this has occured to another rider and wonder if there is a flaw in the tank. No misshap of any kind to cause this, does anyone know if this something that can be pulled out like a hail ding?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed a small dent where your crotch meets the tank today, and have no clue as to how it got there. Doing a search I noticed that this has occured to another rider and wonder if there is a flaw in the tank. No misshap of any kind to cause this, does anyone know if this something that can be pulled out like a hail ding?

I have the same ding. Noticed it a few weeks after I got the bike, and have no idea how it happened.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site

As I hang my head in shame, I have no such dent. :(

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of this "ding in the crotch area" on the tank, I wonder if the motorcycle manufacturers will do something like the bicycle seats that have the concave shape for the male anatomy and prostate health?:don'tknow:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is a 2006 and is perfect...except....when I have to take the inner fairing off those bolt retainers scratch the outer fairing. Hard to describe but if you have one with a fairing you will know what I mean.

They are small scratches but they are there. I have tried to remove them but they are there for good.

Steve

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is a 2006 and is perfect...except....when I have to take the inner fairing off those bolt retainers scratch the outer fairing. Hard to describe but if you have one with a fairing you will know what I mean.

They are small scratches but they are there. I have tried to remove them but they are there for good.

Steve
I know what you mean, when I reinstalled the inner fairing (after doing the dual headlight mod the other day) I also produced some (nasty) scratches because the bolt retainers touched the outer fairing.

I was pretty upset at first, but it matches the scratches on the mirrors, engine covers and turn signals that are already created by the previous owner.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than splotchy exhaust pipes and rust on the bottom "pads" of the side and center stands my '06 is mark free.

Oh wait, the pillion grab rails have a few chips from me kicking them a few times in the early days. I'm short. I now mount it like a horse--No more kick nicks.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than splotchy exhaust pipes and rust on the bottom "pads" of the side and center stands my '06 is mark free.

Oh wait, the pillion grab rails have a few chips from me kicking them a few times in the early days. I'm short. I now mount it like a horse--No more kick nicks.

That is quite a feat, considering how much you ride. Wish they had better lowering options for us shorter people.:shakehead:

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
That is quite a feat, considering how much you ride. Wish they had better lowering options for us shorter people.:shakehead:

No doubt about lowering it, but honestly I'd be weary of lowering mine. I see enough gravel / dirt mountain roads that I'd worry about losing any clearance. I've "bumped" the pipes a few times allready.

Must add....

Oh, and the rear marker housings are marked up from my side luggage rubbing against them.

Mine isn't perfect to be sure, but it has not been layed down yet. I'll drop it one day, I promise! :thumbup:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one scratch on the tail between the seat and the light from a pair of boots I was wearing (was just moving the bike), one on the tank from something between my tank bag and the tank, and one engine cover is marred up from having the ramp rubbing against it when I hauled it to VT. Aside from that, nothing other than maybe some chips or something from rocks while riding.

furio

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope! Long are gone them times, when, bought the bike new i use to watch with amusement how spotless it was.

Dropped accidentaly the bike's keys and chipped the tank, scratched the swingarm with a paddock stand, paint is sanded off on the pillion handles.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
We do know the rest. (I hate it when that happens!)
Mine is still like new, (except for the bug collection). It's only two weeks old and I have only put 255 miles on it so far. (No disappointments - I love it)