Is my insurance playing games?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
$8600? Sounds right for "fair market value."

If I'm allowed to make a serious recommendation; I'd suggest you consider the 2008 ZX-14. I was pleasantly surprised when I tested that motorcycle! It was the one in with new "special edition" paintjob.

It sounds like a crazy idea, but why are you settling? You're like a hardcore motorcycle enthusiast, so why Buell? I dare you to try the 2008 ZX-14. It sounds more...Wavex.

Thank you for the "serious recommendation" :D

I don`t doubt that the ZX-14 is an awesome bike, there are plenty of awesome bikes out there :) However:
- the ZX or Haya are tanks... heavy pigs that really don`t fit the type of riding I do (city riding for the most part, splitting lanes and such... or wkd rides in the canyons, and finally the occasional track day).
- I don`t like how they look at all
- OTD price would be about $14k, which is over the budget I want to put in my next bike.

"Settling"? Buell fans are not "hardcore motorcycle enthousiasts"? I am not sure I get your point lol... the Buell I am looking at has about the same amount of HP as the FZ, but with about 35% more torque... it`s a 1000CC V-Twin designed for city and canyon riding, with the occasional track day here and there...

It has an awesome & comfy riding position, a belt drive (no maintenance), fully adjustable front and rear suspension, fuel in the frame of the bike & oil in the swingarm, and a badass look and sound that I am completely in love with.

Here is an article (little old... most of the problems them mention in there about the Buell were pretty much fixed in the latest years): http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/the-bteam-value-supersport-shootout-2005-14282.htm

2727313804_7c5c1d6762_o.jpg

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear it all worked out David. Sounds to me like you need to shop for some new insurance. I use AAA and have been really happy with them.:thumbup: Sounds like State Farm is pretty awesome too.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I am stoked!!!! Plus my lawyer told me today she expects the rest of the claim will amount to about $30k when it`s all said and done.
- $10k for medical bills
- $10k for lawyer fees
- $10k for me :cheer:

I don`t expect it`ll be that much, but even if it ends up being half of that, I`ll be very happy! :rockon: Accidents aren`t that bad after all... :rof: joking....

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow good for you, sorry but I didn't get the chance to read the entire thread but in case no one has ask yet...... How are you doing after the mishap? I hope your back to baseline with regards to being well.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That Buell is a nice bike, although I just saw the KTM Duke R 990 and that thing is sweet.

Thank you for the "serious recommendation" :D

I don`t doubt that the ZX-14 is an awesome bike, there are plenty of awesome bikes out there :) However:
- the ZX or Haya are tanks... heavy pigs that really don`t fit the type of riding I do (city riding for the most part, splitting lanes and such... or wkd rides in the canyons, and finally the occasional track day).
- I don`t like how they look at all
- OTD price would be about $14k, which is over the budget I want to put in my next bike.

"Settling"? Buell fans are not "hardcore motorcycle enthousiasts"? I am not sure I get your point lol... the Buell I am looking at has about the same amount of HP as the FZ, but with about 35% more torque... it`s a 1000CC V-Twin designed for city and canyon riding, with the occasional track day here and there...

It has an awesome & comfy riding position, a belt drive (no maintenance), fully adjustable front and rear suspension, fuel in the frame of the bike & oil in the swingarm, and a badass look and sound that I am completely in love with.

Here is an article (little old... most of the problems them mention in there about the Buell were pretty much fixed in the latest years): http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/the-bteam-value-supersport-shootout-2005-14282.htm

2727313804_7c5c1d6762_o.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow good for you, sorry but I didn't get the chance to read the entire thread but in case no one has ask yet...... How are you doing after the mishap? I hope your back to baseline with regards to being well.

Thanks man, well my right shoulder and upper back were really painful for the first week after the crash... couldn`t move it much, or sleep well (could only lay flat on my back), and getting out of bed was a major PITA :) The following weeks after that it slowly got better and better, and now I feel like it`ll be back to normal by the end of next week. In the past couple of weeks I experienced the annoying pain in the morning only, right after getting up from bed... I`ve been taking long hot showers to warm up the ligaments and muscles in my right shoulder and upper back, and usually after 30min to an hour the pain would dissipate to a minor bruise feeling.

I`ve been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week since the accident, and that helped.
I may do an MRI next week to confirm everything looks good and if it`s the case, we`ll be able to close the case and move on :rockon:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that you're on your way to recovery and this case is almost through. Hopefully you'll be compensated for your loss and suffering. Hope to read about your future endeavors in two wheeling.... Track time right???

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From reading all of these posts, sounds like you need to change the title of this thread to State Farm. Sounds like they were real professionals, unlike your fly by night insurance company. I'm glad I have State Farm.

You should provide a link to this thread to that State Farm rep, as he might get a kick out of everyone's opinions, experiences regarding insurance. Plus the fact that there was nothing but good things said about State Farm.

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
smart man getting the mri before you sign the dotted line closing the case. things can and do show up a little later. great you are doing good though. i say go for the buell. but if you get nominated for an award---stay off the dang thang and drive the car till the award is over.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that you're on your way to recovery and this case is almost through. Hopefully you'll be compensated for your loss and suffering. Hope to read about your future endeavors in two wheeling.... Track time right???

Yeah I was supposed to get some track time on the fz... the Buell will definitely get on the track before the end of the year :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
From reading all of these posts, sounds like you need to change the title of this thread to State Farm. Sounds like they were real professionals, unlike your fly by night insurance company. I'm glad I have State Farm.

You should provide a link to this thread to that State Farm rep, as he might get a kick out of everyone's opinions, experiences regarding insurance. Plus the fact that there was nothing but good things said about State Farm.

Yeah I was definitely happy with StateFarm.

BTW, I`ll be in Vegas at the end of September (bunch of friends coming over from France for 2 weeks to play poker), and we`re thinking about taking a break from the gambling after a few days and spend a couple of days at the Grand Canyon... you know the area? any route you`d recommend? things to do while there? Thanks :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
smart man getting the mri before you sign the dotted line closing the case. things can and do show up a little later. great you are doing good though. i say go for the buell. but if you get nominated for an award---stay off the dang thang and drive the car till the award is over.

No award on the Buell... it`ll remain very close to stock (ya right) :cheer::D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I was definitely happy with StateFarm.

BTW, I`ll be in Vegas at the end of September (bunch of friends coming over from France for 2 weeks to play poker), and we`re thinking about taking a break from the gambling after a few days and spend a couple of days at the Grand Canyon... you know the area? any route you`d recommend? things to do while there? Thanks :D

One: I play poker myself, so It will be nice to win money from them.

Two: I work for a helicopter company that specializes in tours out to the Grand Canyon. If you choose to go that route, I can get you guys a discount ( 25% ) ish, but it's expensive from the first place. But not so expensive from our friends across the pond, as the exchange rate is very favorable for them. You can also drive out there from Vegas, which is about two hours away, and take a helicopter ride down to the bottom of the canyon too.

Three: You can also rent Harley's and BMW motorcycles if you want to ride a bike to Zion National Park in Utah, or anywhere else for that matter.

Four: Make sure your friends arrive in the U.S with an empty suitcase, with only the clothes on their backs. As it will be cheaper for them to buy clothes and shoes here in the states, and bring them back to France, unclaimed.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
One: I play poker myself, so It will be nice to win money from them.

Two: I work for a helicopter company that specializes in tours out to the Grand Canyon. If you choose to go that route, I can get you guys a discount ( 25% ) ish, but it's expensive from the first place. But not so expensive from our friends across the pond, as the exchange rate is very favorable for them. You can also drive out there from Vegas, which is about two hours away, and take a helicopter ride down to the bottom of the canyon too.

Three: You can also rent Harley's and BMW motorcycles if you want to ride a bike to Zion National Park in Utah, or anywhere else for that matter.

Four: Make sure your friends arrive in the U.S with an empty suitcase, with only the clothes on their backs. As it will be cheaper for them to buy clothes and shoes here in the states, and bring them back to France, unclaimed.

1) yeah sure... my cousin does that for a living and is a dealer at the main poker room in Paris... he also qualified to a World Poker Tour event by winning a satellite tournament, so no problem if you want to play with us :Flip:

2) Thanks man! I`ll take you up on that helicopter ride! How much is it? That would be awesome :)

3) They don`t ride... so nevermind that... but Zion is a good idea... I visited that park a few years ago and it was fun...

4) Yeah we`re aware of the exchange rate :) it`ll be my cousin`s third trip to Vegas in 2 years :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
1) yeah sure... my cousin does that for a living and is a dealer at the main poker room in Paris... he also qualified to a World Poker Tour event by winning a satellite tournament, so no problem if you want to play with us :Flip:

2) Thanks man! I`ll take you up on that helicopter ride! How much is it? That would be awesome :)

3) They don`t ride... so nevermind that... but Zion is a good idea... I visited that park a few years ago and it was fun...

4) Yeah we`re aware of the exchange rate :) it`ll be my cousin`s third trip to Vegas in 2 years :rockon:

I've been to the Aviation Club in Paris. Is that where he works? If you guys like to play tournaments, there are a lot of tournaments everyday, ranging from $60 to $1000. There's several places that have real good structures and give you a lot of play. And there are bad tournaments too.

You will have to PM me and let me know if you are serious about helicoptering to the canyon. There are some paperwork that needs to be filled out along with reservation. Prices vary depending on the type of tours you go on. But expect around $400 each.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been to the Aviation Club in Paris. Is that where he works? If you guys like to play tournaments, there are a lot of tournaments everyday, ranging from $60 to $1000. There's several places that have real good structures and give you a lot of play. And there are bad tournaments too.

You will have to PM me and let me know if you are serious about helicoptering to the canyon. There are some paperwork that needs to be filled out along with reservation. Prices vary depending on the type of tours you go on. But expect around $400 each.

Yes! On the Champs Elysees... I`ve played at the Aviation Club a bunch of times :) I play alright, but he is very good. He`s got the patience that I don`t hehe especially for cash games.

I`ll pm you soon... my step dad and mom did a helicopter tour over the grand canyon pretty recently, but I thought they said they paid like $175 per person or something... I might be wrong though heh or different tour? shorter maybe?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So you decided on the blue Buell? When are you getting it? Have you ridden one yet? And when are you going to do a write-up? lol

I'm glad it looks like everything is going to work out for you