Installed New Scorpions this week!!!

C

catfishfz6

Hey all, I put on my new stainless steel scorpions on 06 fz6 this week. They sound great!!!! It was pretty easy to install and they came with directions that were fairly easy to follow, and I'm no mechanic!!! They have a good low end sound but not extremely loud. I live in southwest ohio and its cold still, but Ive had to go on a couple of short rides to enjoy the new sound.

I read all the info on the net I could find and on this forum before I got them so thanks to all who posted info!!!!

Tim

Will get pics when I can. In regards to baffles question, I don't know how to take the baffles out???? any info would be appreciated.
Also when I can I will try to post a video clip.

Tim

the CF's have no baffles? The SS ones have a removable one... strange. Oh well get the pics when you can and congrats again on the pipes.

I just bought an 05 and it had Stainless scorpions, and it sounds awesome. I am not sure how the stock setup sounded.

Newbie Question about your Scorpions....

I have noticed that the left (standing behind the bike looking forward) can/exhaust is always hot and the right can/exhaust is cold ....

they seem to flow the same, but one is colder than the other ??

Is this normal or not,

PS, not trying to hijack this thread, just asking. :rockon:

I think you've got it reversed....the right exhaust has more gas flow than the left. My carbon fiber Scorpions are the same temperature to the touch after a ride. Warm on the carbon fiber, fry-an-egg hot on the tailpipes.

i bopught my ss scorpions brand new. there werent any baffles in them??????? but they are race cans. if any of you guyus want to sell ur balles? i will buy them. need them for m.o.t. nxt yr. rather than take cans of for it.

i bopught my ss scorpions brand new. there werent any baffles in them??????? but they are race cans. if any of you guys want to sell ur baffles? i will buy them. need them for m.o.t. nxt yr. rather than take cans of for it:thumbup:

baffels, i have C/F on my 07 and i don't see anything. Can someone take a pic of what the baffels or whatever?????????????/

Back