Installed my new "belly pan" What do you think ?

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
Yep, sure is .. I really liked that it covered up alot of the exhaust .. I figure more people on here would have them on there bikes !

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, sure is .. I really liked that it covered up alot of the exhaust .. I figure more people on here would have them on there bikes !

I LOVE the look of the belly pan on the ol' FZ. I have the OEM Yamaha version..

39204_697445756157_20600133_39333001_2671508_n.jpg

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
Ok... now I am jelous! Where do you get tires with the blue trim that say FZ 6 on them?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the mesh insert. I initially thought I'd go this route until I saw a pic of the FZ6 with the header ceramic coated in black - I love how it makes the exhaust just disappear.

Any difference in feel from the changed aerodynamics?

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not that crazy about it. But that's just MY opinion and I've found that MY opinion never counts so if YOU like it, then I say go with what you like. I might like it a little better if there were some side fairings to make it flow together.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok... now I am jelous! Where do you get tires with the blue trim that say FZ 6 on them?

The stripes are actually purple, but you can't really tell because the brightness is too much in that picture. They are actually adhesive vinyl stripes that you apply on the wheel itself. I bought mine from Dunstan Graffix.

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, I have been thinking of getting one for my 09 as well, where did you purchase it from? How much?

I also have the 2 Bros pipes and not familiar with what the power commander provides, so any input would be great.

Thanks

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site

I've got one fitted to my Nekid :thumbup:

FZ6swinger001.jpg

they're 70 quid here,though to be honest I've got a different one on order from a German company as part of my winter transformation.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
Thanks for the replies! Here are some answers to some questions asked above.

- I found it on eBay by searching "FZ6 Belly pan" (I can provide a link to seller when I get my laptop fired up at work) The cost was$ 130 shipped.

- I really haven't noticed any difference in the feel of the bike and it installed easily in about 30-45 minutes. You just have to line everything up evenly.

- The power Commander will let you manually adjust the fuel so you will not run lean after installing any add- on that increases air in or out of the motor. ( like exhaust or high flow air filter)

My only minor concern is the pan sits about an inch or so below the exhaust. So I need to be careful of curbs and speed bumps. For the most part I should be ok though.