chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
Does any one know of any injector that will fit in a 08 fz6 with more cc's than stock like r1 injectors or r6 injectors or even a company that will build an injector.

chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess the real question is will they fit.

How do the part number work I have heard people say if the numbers match it will fit the first three numbers and letters do not matter.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How about give us reason to look further. Why do you want or need more fuel? There are ways to figure this out... Looking forward to hearing this.
Thanks...

chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
Turbo charging my bike this is the last thing i need to find out running 7 psi with a garret gt1241 and i need to find out if r6 injectors will fit and if i need bigger i will go to the fz1 injectors model number - 5VY-13761-00-00.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How are you altering fuel management and timing changes needed in the ECU to run the turbo? How will the waste gating be achieved?

chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
Not trying to be a dick but all i need to know if the injectors will fit i would have of started a turbo bike thread to explain all the little things that i will be doing to the bike. All i need to know is if the injectors will fit.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries....
Some info for you. I believe the pre 2005 R6 throttle bodies fit the fZ6. That said, the port spacing is the same. Therefore the injector fuel rail spacing is likely the same.
The R6 has options for 550 to 750cc injectors.

In the pictures here the seals are not installed but these look about the same as the FZ.
550cc Fiveo Motor-Racing Fuel Injectors Yamaha R6 GSXR 750 600 Vulcan 1600 2000 | eBay

FZ6....
06 2006 YAMAHA FZS6 FZ6 FZ-6 FZ600 FZ 600 FUEL INJECTORS AND RAIL #6868 | eBay

Are you going to make a drag bike or ???

chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info and as of right now no drag bike i wanted to get a bigger turbo...but....that means internal engine build too and there is nothing out there for an fz6 like there is for other bikes alot of trying to figure out if it will fit or not so just adding a small turbo that does not need any internal builds and running a low PSI so i wont **** too much stuff up.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Years ago I rode Yamaha 650 Seca w Turbo and well, the odd times the boost came on honestly made it a PITA to ride as you were always playing with the throttle...

Supercharger anyone? You did notice there is a FZ turbo build thread... you might take a look at it.

chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen a well built fz6 with a supercharger and no i did not know there was a turbo build thread already have to look into that can you give a link thanks for all the help.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This forum has been alive for 12 or 13 years so get used to the search function..... there is a lot of knowledge here. Although most have moved on to other bikes.

Personally I wouldn't take this project on unless there were a known knock sensor that could be integrated into it running closed loop. Its one thing to not meet the power expectations and quite another to blowup your engine on the first pass. Working with another we have been able to read the ecu ignition advance and are shaping it to wake the beast up so it runs as it should. Once again, a knock sensor suitablefor this engines resonance would be a life savor. Here is the link...

Turbo the Underdog

Are you planning to run an intercooler?

chesty

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I will be running an intercooler I briefly looked up how to size it out but have not done the math yet. Before I actually 100% decided to turbo the bike I did a bunch of research on turboing engines in general and then I went to looking into the bike turbos I have seen a lot of people say do not turbo an fz6 and a lot of people that say it can be done. I have read well over 100 pages of forums of people turbo bikes and a lot of them just stop posting or do not finish I know i do not know everything about it but I do know that I know a lot. I have noticed so far that a lot of people are helpful on here and I like a good challenge and trust me if I need anything I will ask and hope some one will know the answer which I have no doubt in people on here.