Indulge my Curiosity.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Your curiosity has basically put mine to rest. I was always curious to know if there was enough room under the tail for a small "trunk." It seems like a lot of room but I guess once you add a rider and a heavy wrist, that all disappears?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
it does lol

Hey it drops a whopping 1.25" / 32mm with my tub of lard on it :thumbup:
I found a proper angle shot. . . AND I am apparently bored as I went trolling through my own album looking for one w/ the "right angle".
_DSC5177S.jpg

Considering there was no one around, I'm wondering who's sunglasses I see in the mirror! She Devil? :rolleyes:

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
Yours has SOOOO much Clearance! I guess I need to play around with the preload and see if that helps can't find my wrench though :(

will move my plate and FE out to the end, I might have noticed if I added it rather than the first owner, it definitely doesn't belong there.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yours has SOOOO much Clearance! I guess I need to play around with the preload and see if that helps can't find my wrench though :(

will move my plate and FE out to the end, I might have noticed if I added it rather than the first owner, it definitely doesn't belong there.

Lots a FE kits put the tag in pretty much that same location, as well as mine. Once you get the preload set where it works best for you, you wot have anything to worry about. I rode around for over 10,000 miles with my preload set to 1 and my tag was closer to the tire than yours. I never had a problem with it rubbing until I started doing wheelies.

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
So here's what actually happened, the stock top mounting flange/ear had some damage so the previous owner decided to make a new mounting location a little higher up, this needs to be fixed. a little shady if you ask me.

I'll put up pictures later.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey it drops a whopping 1.25" / 32mm with my tub of lard on it :thumbup:
I found a proper angle shot. . . AND I am apparently bored as I went trolling through my own album looking for one w/ the "right angle".
_DSC5177S.jpg

Considering there was no one around, I'm wondering who's sunglasses I see in the mirror! She Devil? :rolleyes:
I am loving the look of your bike, just had to say that
oh and my FE gives similar clearance

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
basically the first two are showing some shady cob-job that the original owner did, probably so his short wife could ride the bike (technically it was hers). don't know for sure why they thought it necessary. I am new to the bike so wasn't immediately aware something was wrong until after this thread. second two pictures are after I jacked her up to the original suspension mount and re tensioned the chain.