I'm pretty sure the ex-gf ripped my mirrors off!!

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I need a little help. So My bike was parked way-too-long in front of the ex's house after I moved out in Feb. The mid-atlantic and N/E will remember we had a sh+t-ton of snow then, so riding the fizzer was out of the question. When I finally did get the bike the ex told me some kind of b.s. story about neighborhood kids knocking it over. But not only was there no indication it got knocked over but some how BOTH mirror stems got snapped so, unless if fell to one side then magically flipped over and only damaged the other mirror stem then I'm pretty sure she had something to do with it. So, I ordered new mirrors but on the '07 apparently I need to pull apart the whole windshield Asssssembly and replace the mirror mounts too. Has anybody had to do this? any helpful suggestions on where to get parts and which aftermarket mirrors will work??

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whoa she ripped off the mounts too?? jesus. you must have married an amazon. those things are solid steel are they not?

i just got my mirror from the yamaha dealer locally when i dumped mine at the track. least hassel.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need a little help. So My bike was parked way-too-long in front of the ex's house after I moved out in Feb. The mid-atlantic and N/E will remember we had a sh+t-ton of snow then, so riding the fizzer was out of the question. When I finally did get the bike the ex told me some kind of b.s. story about neighborhood kids knocking it over. But not only was there no indication it got knocked over but some how BOTH mirror stems got snapped so, unless if fell to one side then magically flipped over and only damaged the other mirror stem then I'm pretty sure she had something to do with it. So, I ordered new mirrors but on the '07 apparently I need to pull apart the whole windshield Asssssembly and replace the mirror mounts too. Has anybody had to do this? any helpful suggestions on where to get parts and which aftermarket mirrors will work??

Come on, fess up. What did you do to make her so angry? :confused::eek:;)

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com

Karen if only that were the case. I wouldn't have much to complain about then. LOL. I forgot to mention that the suspect could have been her ex-bf too...who happened to show up the very day I left. curios-er and curios-er!!

I'd love to take this opportunity to to find some cool aftermarket mirrors but I just don't know what will work for my '07

C

CombatPenguin

If you remove all the black plastic from the inside (8 screws I think) there will be two bolts holding each mirror on. You shouldn't have to take the windscreen off. As for the mirrors I think r6 ones fit but am not sure on that.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
If you remove all the black plastic from the inside (8 screws I think) there will be two bolts holding each mirror on. You shouldn't have to take the windscreen off. As for the mirrors I think r6 ones fit but am not sure on that.
CP you're right the windscreen doesnt have to come off but the plastics along the inside of the supports for the windscreen do need to come apart though. has anybody actually replaced the mirrors and stems on a '07??

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Why do women always defend other women and assume it's always the man's fault?

Lone, it's ALWAYS the mans fault.

I'm happily married because Mike knows it is ALWAYS his fault.

He accepts that and it makes for a great relationship ;)

More like he says "yes dear", and continues walking towwards the shed, safe in the knowledge, that there are bikes, and beer in the shed!

:D

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i can't figure out why they take their gripes on the ex's machines. happens a lot of times but what did that blessed machine do to you? just to hurt and piss the owner i guess. anyway you have to remove the inner plasic fairing then there are two nuts holding each mirror in place, just undo those and put in the new ones, no need to remove anything other than the inner trim panels. use a ratchet for better access. i beleive the nut size is #10

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
i can't figure out why they take their gripes on the ex's machines. happens a lot of times but what did that blessed machine do to you? just to hurt and piss the owner i guess. anyway you have to remove the inner plasic fairing then there are two nuts holding each mirror in place, just undo those and put in the new ones, no need to remove anything other than the inner trim panels. use a ratchet for better access. i beleive the nut size is #10

You may be right but I think yamaha switched it up from 06 to 07. I will check.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
More like he says "yes dear", and continues walking towwards the shed, safe in the knowledge, that there are bikes, and beer in the shed!

:D

Yep, that's what happens ;)

He does love his shed, and if it's his way of blowing off steam and avoiding an argument, I'm all for it. :D

Arguing is a waste of time - no-one ever really wins. I do need my own shed though :eek:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I could take the whole bike apart with a 10 mm and an allen wrench. Google FZ6 SERVICE manual, not owners manual, there are some exploded views in it that may help.

IMO she traded down, an EX boyfriend, boo, bet he rides a skateboard not an FZ6.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn the luck, thats a bummer, Someone needs to break her mirrors off her car, just tell her some kids knocked it over on its side.:BLAA:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Should be three screws holding on the inner plastic fairing and then the mirrors are just a bolt and a nut.

As for men being wrong, why do WE always have to go to the shed. Why can't the bike be in the house and we send the women to the shed? Tis a question that will never have an answer, because us men are too busy saying "Yes Dear".