I'm going to miss you FZ6....Not too much though.

Just out of the blue........made a call to a dealership 3 hours away from me. Was surprised to hear they still had a '06! Kind of worked out because I really like the silver color best. Not sure what years silver was offered so I didnd't expect to find another one. Mostly red ones for sale around here and I don't really care for those.
The clutch feels very different than the FZ6 felt. Seems to grab right away instead of at least halfway out like my FZ6 was. I never really understood why it was like that. This bike is smooth as silk the second you roll on the throttle.
Looking forward to putting some miles on it!

:D :D :D :D :D

mmmmmmmmmm miles!!!!

Oh, and time to change the profile bike and the signature. ;)

Congratulations,
Just took the plunge myself. Yes, the clutch is smooth as silk.

That's a beautiful bike. Silver is a really great looking color on the FZ1. I think it might be my favorite as well.

Did you get a decent trade on the FZ6?

Looks like the trend started with me. Congrats! And yeahh let the mods begin. Lars Airbox, pcIII, IM/PC5, FCE, BMC, Slip-on. I need to install only the serpent headers and the zip the subthrottle plates. What a big difference it made even on my 07. 06 have that famous throttle snatch at 6K rpm.

I think Dennis started a plot to build up the FZ1 side of the forum. :rolleyes:

Oh! GREAT looking bike! :thumbup:

As much as I loved my FZ6 it doesn't compare to the FZ1. My wife and I rode 275 miles this morning and WOW, what a difference.
Everything is sooooooo much smoother and way more comfortable 2 up.
I made the right choice for sure.
Better clutch, tranny, no buzziness like the 600, etc. I could go on and on.
I love this thing.

I had my 2007 FZ6 for a year when I traded it in for a 2006 FJR1300 2 months ago.

I'm never going back :)

Back