I'm going HID

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
The H4 contoller has 2 plugs? was this adapted from a setup for a car? guesingg you would just abandon one of them?

yes h4 has two plugs. it's universal kit, like most of them is setup for a car. like i said im just gonna use that controller for two bulbs. i think it's easier to get two low/hi beams this way.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed you didn't black out the stock reflectors. I've seen others who have. Is that purely style, or related to function in any way?

It's purely a style preference. The reflectors will receive literally no light to reflect anything with these projectors.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
For the projectors, use the stock H7 socket to input into each ballast, this will provide the low beam signal to both ballasts.

The new projectors have a solenoid for the high beam.

You'll want to use the H4 socket on the stock harness to actuate these, hopefully your H4 harness has dual output for the solenoids. If not, you'll need to splice into it, observing polarity to actuate the solenoid for the high beams.

I'm not sure about your particular model, but I used a retrofit kit from TRS and it had the necessary connections, and dual outputs as well so it was plug and play. Good luck.

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
What solenoid, inside the projector?
I did a dual headlight mod a while back. So I was gonna use just the H7 socket, conect it to the controller, and this way I should have dual low and hi beams.

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice bro. I'm assuming you figured out the wiring for activating the high beams then?

yep, I did.
2 projectors <-- 2 ballasts <-- 1 controller (from h4 kit) <-- H7 harness with bd43 dual headlight mod (H4(left side) harness is unplugged)

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hi sweeney_todd

nice mod you got, you got the ebay projectors with angel eye?
i am having some issues, could anyone help me out.
1) my ccfl at left side (low beam) does not have a complete ring of light, what's the problem with it?
2) low beam seems to flicker and sometimes totally turns off.
3) where did you mount the ballast and controllers? did you use 1 controller only? my setup have 2, trying to figure out how to remove 1, my headlight is damn heavy now, and the wiring is in a mess.
4) how do i set/adjust the light throw height?

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
hi sweeney_todd

nice mod you got, you got the ebay projectors with angel eye?
i am having some issues, could anyone help me out.
1) my ccfl at left side (low beam) does not have a complete ring of light, what's the problem with it?
2) low beam seems to flicker and sometimes totally turns off.
3) where did you mount the ballast and controllers? did you use 1 controller only? my setup have 2, trying to figure out how to remove 1, my headlight is damn heavy now, and the wiring is in a mess.
4) how do i set/adjust the light throw height?

hey, yes i I bought them on ebay, the link is on the first page.
Would be helpful if you took some pics of it. I'd check the cables, sounds like a connection issue.
How did you connect the rings? I took a small piece of isolation off the marker light cables and connected to the controllers for the ccfl rings (because I used two small separate controllers for the rings)
I used a velcro tape to attach the ballasts and the controller to the sides of the fairing. You can always use slim ballasts that take less space and are probably lighter. I'm gonna get a pair soon
Yes I used one controller because the H4 kit came with one (it has two outputs for the ballasts and one h4 type input), the H7 kit had two for each bulb. So I had a option: 2 h7 controllers or one h4 controller. I doesn't really matter, I just figured i would take less space. Im guessing your controllers have one output for the ballast and a 4pin round cable for ccfl and hi beams. Here is the type of controller I used:
35W HID H4 Hi Lo Low Bi-Xenon Controller Relay Harness | eBay
You adjust the lights the same way, using the bolts that are on the back of the headlight. its in the manual.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hey, yes i I bought them on ebay, the link is on the first page.
Would be helpful if you took some pics of it. I'd check the cables, sounds like a connection issue.
How did you connect the rings? I took a small piece of isolation off the marker light cables and connected to the controllers for the ccfl rings (because I used two small separate controllers for the rings)
I used a velcro tape to attach the ballasts and the controller to the sides of the fairing. You can always use slim ballasts that take less space and are probably lighter. I'm gonna get a pair soon
Yes I used one controller because the H4 kit came with one (it has two outputs for the ballasts and one h4 type input), the H7 kit had two for each bulb. So I had a option: 2 h7 controllers or one h4 controller. I doesn't really matter, I just figured i would take less space. Im guessing your controllers have one output for the ballast and a 4pin round cable for ccfl and hi beams. Here is the type of controller I used:
You adjust the lights the same way, using the bolts that are on the back of the headlight. its in the manual.

thanks for the reply. picture tell a thousand words so here goes.
attached are 2 pictures:
1 was how the wiring was supposed to be. as you can see there's 2 of the controllers, i am not sure how to remove 1 of them though i would very much like to.
the other is the angel eye. you can see the right (rider perspective) angel eye is brightly lit, the left is not complete.
talking about ballast, is there any way i can change the hi beam to normal halogen bulb? i removed the HID bulb but realised there's no way a h4 halogen bulb can fit inside.
yup i have figured out how to adjust the light throw already.
thanks!

update: somehow after i warm up my bike and given a few throttles, the left angel eye comes to life. but after i switch on the low beam, the angle eye light is back to the original state.

Last edited:

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you'd need a controller for two bulbs.
about the angel eyes. It's weird. One of the members of this forum had the same problem. it's Boneman, but I don't know if he fixed it. this is his website:
Welcome to Boneman's FZ6 Site
How have you powered the rings?
and Halogen hi beams, not without some seriously seriuos fabrication.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you'd need a controller for two bulbs.
about the angel eyes. It's weird. One of the members of this forum had the same problem. it's Boneman, but I don't know if he fixed it. this is his website:
Welcome to Boneman's FZ6 Site
How have you powered the rings?
and Halogen hi beams, not without some seriously seriuos fabrication.
i have 2 controllers right now, i saw your post, you have only 1 controller? how is that done?
thanks for sharing, i seen his website before but i didnt notice his setup was having the same problem.
the angel eyes are powered by the bike battery, as shown in the 1st picture just now. all wirings are seen relatively clearly there.
ok, so i guess i should give the idea up of having a normal halogen for hi beam..

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
i have 2 controllers right now, i saw your post, you have only 1 controller? how is that done?
thanks for sharing, i seen his website before but i didnt notice his setup was having the same problem.
the angel eyes are powered by the bike battery, as shown in the 1st picture just now. all wirings are seen relatively clearly there.
ok, so i guess i should give the idea up of having a normal halogen for hi beam..
The controller I used is different then yours. Here is what I have:
If you look at the pics, you'll notice that it has 2 outputs for hid bulbs, and one h4 input, but If you got this controller, you would have to fabricate few plugs, and also get 2 separate ccfl controllers.
I would get rid of the switch that you have there for pod and angel eyes, and then connect them to the marker lights.