I'm Back in the Saddle!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff,another Blue bike? I was really expecting to see the Honda Ruckus!

hondazoomer.jpg

But I guess the Suzuki will have to do :Flip:

With some nice cans those twins sound soooooo sweet.

Perhaps I'd better rethink bringing my 1 down there this winter to ride Anza Borrego.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Cliff!

cant wait to see it and ride with you again............ORTEGA HWY is calling:BLAA:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride (even if it is a Suzuki ;)).

A mate of mine had one of those a little while back and it is a sweet bike :thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm happy to see you are back in action, Cliff. You came up in the conversation stream many times yesterday and were missed by all of your friends.

Lets ride soon!

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
so after some brief ass dynoing what are the first imressions about the bike?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm happy to see you are back in action, Cliff. You came up in the conversation stream many times yesterday and were missed by all of your friends.

Lets ride soon!
Thank you John!
Man I miss railing with you all! As soon as I get this motor messaged in I'll be ready. Missed 2 great rides this month.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so after some brief ass dynoing what are the first imressions about the bike?

I've only got like 37 miles on it! Haha! I can tell you it will be a very fun bike. Headed out with a neighbor right now.....

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Thank you everyone! Especially for all the "Cyber-riding"
This is a great forum. I don't know how Dennis finds all these great people!!:rof::rof::rockon:

You're welcome! :thumbup:

Thank you John!
Man I miss railing with you all! As soon as I get this motor messaged in I'll be ready. Missed 2 great rides this month.

Yes, you most certainly did!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I thought you had it all fixed up after that incident..? =P
That was the first incident! There was a second crash and ribs take about 6 to 8 months depending ......So I probably rebroke and add a broken rib. No fun at all!:( headed out to get the bike checked right now, Think it's a crimped line cause even though it's a new bike it sat since 2007 and they put a new battery in it.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another one of those threads that have managed to sneak through my radar.

Nice bike mate. Good to see you're up and running again. :thumbup:

Before you bag that pillion seat too much, have a pillion try it out. It might be quite comfy:D.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw that thread too! Congrats Cliff! Can't wait to ride with you again!!!

Try to keep that one on the road please :Flip: (look who's talking LOL)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another one of those threads that have managed to sneak through my radar.

Nice bike mate. Good to see you're up and running again. :thumbup:

Before you bag that pillion seat too much, have a pillion try it out. It might be quite comfy:D.

Mikey,
That seat looks like one of Herman Munster's shoes for God's sake! I don't think I've ever seen an uglier seat in less you strapped someones couch back there. What where they thinking! Hahaha!:spank:

Actually my wife said to not destroy it yet cuz I might need it for an emergency pillion and in fact I'm taking my little hot biker momma for a spin this weekend....:cheer: :rockon:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw that thread too! Congrats Cliff! Can't wait to ride with you again!!!

Try to keep that one on the road please :Flip: (look who's talking LOL)

You know I miss riding with my Brethren! The twin is fun! The bike is light and very agile. I'm surprised at the stock suspension on this bike! I couldn't go wrong for a new one, at the price I paid, and the insurance is better for my wallet. Slipper clutch, steering damper :rockon:
I was getting sick of that tin can on four wheels......Of course on a cold day....:rolleyes:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Good deal :) did you get to ride it before pulling the trigger?

I'll talk to John tomorrow during racquetball about our next ride... will keep you updated :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good deal :) did you get to ride it before pulling the trigger?

I'll talk to John tomorrow during racquetball about our next ride... will keep you updated :)

Didn't ride it but did a little research and it had some good reviews. Hooked up with SV1000-Portal and learned as much about it as I could.
It makes good power! I've ridden other twins and they don't have anything on this motor except like a 1098. I've seen some decent numbers out of the motor but to tell the truth I'll focus more on suspension set-up and and brakes although it's all decent right out of the box.

Yes I could use a blast!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn Cliff, I'm glad you came out more or less okay. Broken ribs suck, don't sneeze!

The SV1000 is a nice bike. You're right, focus on the suspension, then a tune with a PC and you're good to go!

Keep the shiny side up! :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez! I totally missed the whole crash part Cliff! Sorry about the off but glad you'll heal and ride again! Is there a thread about it?

Great looking SV1 there! Ride safe(r)!!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn Cliff, I'm glad you came out more or less okay. Broken ribs suck, don't sneeze!

The SV1000 is a nice bike. You're right, focus on the suspension, then a tune with a PC and you're good to go!

Keep the shiny side up! :thumbup:

Jeez! I totally missed the whole crash part Cliff! Sorry about the off but glad you'll heal and ride again! Is there a thread about it?

Great looking SV1 there! Ride safe(r)!!!!

I mentioned it on another thread in conversation. When it happened I was in pain and I don't like to medicate if I don't have to. I was bummed out and didn't want to talk about it at the time and thought if I continued to ride I might be behaving in a selfish manner towards my beautiful wife and friend who I love more than anything. That position challenged whether I might ride again. The pain from that was as bad as the broken ribs! I love to ride. I do still feel that way but she says she understands.... She basically thinks I can remove the part of the algorithm that brings me to the crashes but continue to ride. I agree.

I am riding again and that's what I was doing before I wasn't completely healed from the first crash and I went down and it was hard!
I even tried to not be on the forum because it hurt to think about not riding anymore. But I did....Hahaha! I started dreaming about what I could afford as a bike that would be a decent bike. I'd be researching and Lisa would look over my shoulder and say,"What's that!?" You have to know that she is the very best friend I could ever have and I plan on being the best I can be for her.

Part of the riding is the social aspect of it and you are all the best! I used to be very closed and cautious with people. I don't know what happened! I must have inhaled! :rof:

Last edited: