I'm Back in the Saddle!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
im glad you re up and running and you chose a wonderful bike to start riding again. i dont really fancy its looks but anyway its just a matter of taste.

its the best thing one can ever hope to have a supportive partner that understands and doesnt try to impose even though they might be hurting inside for seeing us ride after having accidents.. Kudos to you cliff for sacrificing riding for their benefit

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Little update on the new SV. My Two Brothers cans came in and so did my seat cowl replacement. The dealer screwed up my slider order so I have to order them myself. I saw a set of Motivations that looked like they were what I needed.
When I took the stock cans off I noticed what looked like catalytic honey comb at the input of each OEM can. That would probably explain why there was black rubber smudges from the heels of my boots on the edge of the cans when I took it for a run yesterday. The OEM cans get so hot that if you touch them with your heels it's instant melting of your heel. Thankfully the boot heels are fine. They also took forever to cool off. Now the Two Bros cool off fast and the butt dyno surprised me tonight. Definitely more coming from that twin now. Might have to put the DB killers on. It is loud! I was very impressed and feel grateful for this bike. The seat cowl totally changes the way the tail section looks. That pillion seat is just plain ugly. The kit came with a new bracket that eliminates the pillion handle but allows the pillion seat to be swapped for the cowl with just the key, allowing a rider.
Pictures tomorrow.

picture.php

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really do like your choice of bike...hugely under-rated bike's, the SV1000's...

I love that motor, great spread of power.

Cant wait to see the photo's of your bike with the seat cowl.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ride Cliff!! And welcome back dude, it's great to hear that youre back on the saddle!! I always liked SVs, especially the noise when one is around the corner...

oh and this also means we need to ride soon :welcome: :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ride Cliff!! And welcome back dude, it's great to hear that youre back on the saddle!! I always liked SVs, especially the noise when one is around the corner...

oh and this also means we need to ride soon :welcome: :thumbup:

Yes! We'll for sure get together for a ride! Thanks for the welcome back!
Yes it makes a great sound. My wife said it sounded louder in the house when I rolled in than when I started it and left out and she was standing next to it. :rof:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
SV650 is a legendary bike.

SV1000 has a bigger motor.

Win.

Put Two Bros on it t'day and what a difference in power and torque! The bike lit up!
Maybe I'll go out of my neighbor hood and get a sound bite tomorrow...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be safe mate. I want you in one piece for the 2011 trip.

Day after I leave you can jump into a pit of starving hyenas wearing nothing but a thin coating of barbecue sauce if you like.