I'm Back - bought a New 09 FZ6 today!

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello. I originally joined this forum in 2005 when I bought my 2005 FZ6. I sold it in 07 and am now back with a new 09 Black FZ6. Im so glad to be back after owning an 07 VStar1300 and an 09 Kawasaki Versys. I can attest this is the best bike ive ever owned. Thanks, Rick

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the new bike, and welcome back. I just bought a new (black) '09 Fazer back in September myself. I love it and have NO complaints whatsoever. I looked at and test rode many bikes for over two years before buying the Fazer. I had not been on it sixty seconds when I said out loud to myself, "This is the bike!".
It feels good, it runs great, it "fits" me, it handles perfectly, it rides good, it gets great mileage, (like that's really a factor), it looks fantastic, it's solid, it's fast, it's cheap to insure, and the price is right. I love it. The one problem that I had was deciding between the blue and the black. The black won out - but just barely. Good luck and enjoy!
Ride like you're invisible!

Last edited:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello. I originally joined this forum in 2005 when I bought my 2005 FZ6. I sold it in 07 and am now back with a new 09 Black FZ6. Im so glad to be back after owning an 07 VStar1300 and an 09 Kawasaki Versys. I can attest this is the best bike ive ever owned. Thanks, Rick

So you sold the 05 to get the other bikes? Or other reasons?

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my 05 reluctantly figuring id give up riding, turns out i couldnt be without a bike. Mistakenly I thought I'd try something different. Big mistake. Im back where i belong.

S

scenicware

Glad to hear you are back with a FZ! What do you think of the Versys? How does it compare to the FZ6?

Thanks,

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my 05 reluctantly figuring id give up riding, turns out i couldnt be without a bike. Mistakenly I thought I'd try something different. Big mistake. Im back where i belong.

Please elaborate on why you decided to get out of riding. I'm kind of at that point myself right now. Would be interested to hear of your thought process, and what brought you back to it.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey jeepinoutwest -
Congrats on the new ride! I just got my first FZ6 and it is a 2006. Since you have owned an older one and now a brand new FZ6 I was hoping you could share some impressions on the older FZ versus the new.

Regards,
FB

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back, and congrats!

I too am interested in hearing your comparisons with the Versys, which I almost bought but it has a face even a Mother could hate... :eek:

oluap

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on a great bike!
I got mine new 2 weeks ago!
I'm loving it a lot although the shifting is a bit "clonky" but I'm doing my best not to notice!

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, First, why I got "out of riding" in 06. I have never been in an accident or have never dropped my bike ever. Knock on wood. I kinda felt like I had pushed the odds far enough and it was my time to get out. Also, i was at the point that wisdom had curtailed my riding to following the law at all times, which makes things a little less fun. Third, and I know this one may be hard to believe, but the operating costs kinda bothered me especially the damn excise tax every year. What I didnt know was that after I sold her I would feel so lost without a bike and without such a great bike. Fact is I am a rider its in my blood, I do 7000-8000 miles each summer. I will say even when I was doing the paperwork on her to sell her, I was having regret right at that moment. After several bikes and dozens of cages thats only happened twice.

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
OK 05 FZ6 vs. 09 FZ6:
The bikes are very very similiar but here are the difference and they all favor the 09.
1. The new clocks are MUCH better, the old tach was almost useless. Plus all the numbers are easier to read. Temp is now in numbers.
2. The fueling is slightly better but i did get used to the 05 fueling and I was fine with it.
3. I like the piece of mind of having the newer more rigid swingarm.
4. I know the brakes have been upgraded, but I honestly cant remember that well enough.
5. For me every vehicle I buy is black, so not having a black option in 05 kinda stunk. Yesterday on day two I debaged 7 stickers from my new girl.
6. I do MUCH prefer the new style and the new windshield design. I think they look better. I know this is subjective, but so is the color.

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Since an FZ6 vs. Versys comparison will take a while I will have to come back when I get a chance. Standby!

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
OK 05 FZ6 vs. 09 FZ6:
The bikes are very very similiar but here are the difference and they all favor the 09.
1. The new clocks are MUCH better, the old tach was almost useless. Plus all the numbers are easier to read. Temp is now in numbers.
Upgraded on my 06
2. The fueling is slightly better but i did get used to the 05 fueling and I was fine with it.
It is only very slightly better and the O2 sensor has something to do with it. But with a K&N and laser quads my 06 felt smoother. Now I just have the K&N and a modded airbox and the on/off throttle nature is back slightly. But I like the smooth sound of the stock exhaust better.
3. I like the piece of mind of having the newer more rigid swingarm.
Upgraded on my 06
4. I know the brakes have been upgraded, but I honestly cant remember that well enough.
Upgraded to 07 R6 suspension and brakes on my 06
5. For me every vehicle I buy is black, so not having a black option in 05 kinda stunk. Yesterday on day two I debaged 7 stickers from my new girl.
Upgraded on my 06
6. I do MUCH prefer the new style and the new windshield design. I think they look better. I know this is subjective, but so is the color.
Upgraded on my 06